No registration required

help with minitool partition

OP matthew999

12th February 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello All,

First time poster here and very much a noob so please go easy on me.

I dug out my old htc desire the other day and though i would try out some new roms. I had an old sd card that i seemed to manage to break. i tried to use minitool partition to make a fat32, ext3 and swap partitions all set to primary, for some reason this sd card would not partition. Once i hit apply Mini tool would go though the motions and after a long wait a window titled "successful" pops up "saying apply all the pending changes successfully" however the sd card immediately reverts back to unallocated. I now cant format this card at all, not in minitool partition, sd formatter or windows disk manager. I thought oh it must be an old sd card so bought a new on tried the next day and all worked i had a nicely formatted card with fat32, ext3 and swap partition. So i thought i would try a new rom it seemed to install fine but the phone hung on the white htc screen, so i tried a few times then i get some error about the sd card on the phone. So i take it out put it in a usb reader and try to reformat and now this sdcard is doing exactly the same as the first one. Seems i have a nack for bricking them! Has anyone had this experience with this and do you know how to get the SD cards working again

thanks in advance

matt
12th February 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,401

3,614 posts
More
Yh never use minitool, it create bad partitions. Use only 4ext recovery or gparted to partition.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2125513
Last edited by jmcclue; 12th February 2014 at 10:12 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread