help with minitool partition

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By matthew999, Junior Member on 12th February 2014, 01:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello All,

First time poster here and very much a noob so please go easy on me.

I dug out my old htc desire the other day and though i would try out some new roms. I had an old sd card that i seemed to manage to break. i tried to use minitool partition to make a fat32, ext3 and swap partitions all set to primary, for some reason this sd card would not partition. Once i hit apply Mini tool would go though the motions and after a long wait a window titled "successful" pops up "saying apply all the pending changes successfully" however the sd card immediately reverts back to unallocated. I now cant format this card at all, not in minitool partition, sd formatter or windows disk manager. I thought oh it must be an old sd card so bought a new on tried the next day and all worked i had a nicely formatted card with fat32, ext3 and swap partition. So i thought i would try a new rom it seemed to install fine but the phone hung on the white htc screen, so i tried a few times then i get some error about the sd card on the phone. So i take it out put it in a usb reader and try to reformat and now this sdcard is doing exactly the same as the first one. Seems i have a nack for bricking them! Has anyone had this experience with this and do you know how to get the SD cards working again

thanks in advance

12th February 2014, 10:07 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,482
Yh never use minitool, it create bad partitions. Use only 4ext recovery or gparted to partition.
Last edited by jmcclue; 12th February 2014 at 10:12 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread