Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Unlock bootloader not possible?

OP Mighty_X

10th February 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #1  
Mighty_X's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
I wanted to unlock bootloader and therefore checked the root settings. It says that unlock is not allowed. Is that because I bought it over network provider or can I simply ignore it? Is everyone of you able to unlock it?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th February 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #2  
shem2409's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 647
 
687 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_X

I wanted to unlock bootloader and therefore checked the root settings. It says that unlock is not allowed. Is that because I bought it over network provider or can I simply ignore it? Is everyone of you able to unlock it?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This has been covered a few times. This means that your carrier has blocked unlocking of the bootloader, so you will NEVER be able to unlock it. There is no way around this.
The Following User Says Thank You to shem2409 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #3  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shem2409

This has been covered a few times. This means that your carrier has blocked unlocking of the bootloader, so you will NEVER be able to unlock it. There is no way around this.

True. +1
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #4  
Mighty_X's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shem2409

This has been covered a few times. This means that your carrier has blocked unlocking of the bootloader, so you will NEVER be able to unlock it. There is no way around this.

As far as I read in the net there is a paid way to unlock it. Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock without opening it to activate test point...

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th February 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #5  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_X

As far as I read in the net there is a paid way to unlock it. Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock without opening it to activate test point...

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Do you know what is Unlock Bootlader? Do you know what is SIM Unlock? They have nothing to do one to each other.

Unlocking Bootlader will not Unlock SIM Carrier. To unlock SIM Carrier you have to pay for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #6  
Mighty_X's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Do you know what is Unlock Bootlader? Do you know what is SIM Unlock? They have nothing to do one to each other.

Unlocking Bootlader will not Unlock SIM Carrier. To unlock SIM Carrier you have to pay for it.

Actually I did not say any words of unlocking SIM. Talking about bootloader... there is a tool called SETool2. With that it is possible to unlock phones that aren't unlockable. The phone needs to be put into test point mode connecting some pins on the board.
Just wanted to know is anybody has experiences with that.

Ps. .. And in most cases when unlocking the phone the SIM lock vanishes too

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th February 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #7  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_X

Actually I did not say any words of unlocking SIM. Talking about bootloader... there is a tool called SETool2. With that it is possible to unlock phones that aren't unlockable. The phone needs to be put into test point mode connecting some pins on the board.
Just wanted to know is anybody has experiences with that.

I don't know about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_X

Ps. .. And in most cases when unlocking the phone the SIM lock vanishes too

Can be some exception but not most of them.
12th February 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag mullingar
Thanks Meter: 81
 
372 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Well i did a test point bl unlock on my xperia play but that was easier because it had a removable back...unfortunately the Z1 does not so you will have to take the back off and find the test points

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes