Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Moto G File manager & Wifi Issue

OP arkkrish

7th February 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I just received my Moto G 16GB. The phone is grate. But I have two main issues that just makes the phone useless.

1) I can't seem to find a File Manager. When I connect the phone to PC via USB cable, I can see a list of folders like audio, video, download, Android, etc.. But in the phone I don't know how to access them. Below are the only apps I have on my Moto G.

Screen 1: see attachment screen1

Screen 2: see attachment screen 2

2) My office wifi has a security setting in which I have to enter both my username and password to connect. When I connect my Moto G to the office wifi network, it asks for the username and I can enter it. But the password field is shown only half. I can't enter the password. See the image. I can't scroll down. Please help with these issues.

see attachment wifi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wifi.png
Views:	8478
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	2564220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen 1.png
Views:	7459
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	2564221   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen 2.png
Views:	7212
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	2564222  
7th February 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 604

1,199 posts
More
Congrats @arkkrish for getting Moto G, i also got new MG
to access files from phone you need file manager like ES File Explorer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.pop&hl=en

for password entry issue you minimize the keyboard by touching \/ navigation button
and point the cursor to password entry field. this should work.
7th February 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reversegear

Congrats @arkkrish for getting Moto G, i also got new MG
to access files from phone you need file manager like ES File Explorer

for password entry issue you minimize the keyboard by touching \/ navigation button
and point the cursor to password entry field. this should work.

I pressed the V after entering the username but still no field to enter the password. See the attachment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wifi2.png
Views:	204
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	2564248
7th February 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 604

1,199 posts
More
try scrolling.. X
7th February 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reversegear

try scrolling.. X

I did... but, not working.

I finally enabled 3G data and downloaded the wifi manager app. I can now connect through this app. (I can enter both username and password in this app. But not through Settings.
12th February 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #6  

1 posts
I resolved it with Add New Network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkkrish

I just received my Moto G 16GB. The phone is grate. But I have two main issues that just makes the phone useless.

1) I can't seem to find a File Manager. When I connect the phone to PC via USB cable, I can see a list of folders like audio, video, download, Android, etc.. But in the phone I don't know how to access them. Below are the only apps I have on my Moto G.

Screen 1: see attachment screen1

Screen 2: see attachment screen 2

2) My office wifi has a security setting in which I have to enter both my username and password to connect. When I connect my Moto G to the office wifi network, it asks for the username and I can enter it. But the password field is shown only half. I can't enter the password. See the image. I can't scroll down. Please help with these issues.

see attachment wifi

I too had the same problem. On top of this, the phone was getting wrong security type for the wi-fi network. I just resolved it by using "add new network" + sign option on the network list screen. I gave the same network name and selected correct security type and other details. It connected just fine. Luckily I have done this kind of act on my home wi-fi for some computer devices, so it came handy.

Hope this helps
12th February 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #7  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 166

769 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkkrish

see attachment wifi

I solved this way:
- Provide some data, click on connect
- While it tries to connect, long tap on the network name, then select Modify
There you will have all the input fields you need. Needs a bit of patience though, because the faulty screen will pop up several times, if you click Connect on it you can continue to add your info.
12th February 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debaj

I solved this way:
- Provide some data, click on connect
- While it tries to connect, long tap on the network name, then select Modify
There you will have all the input fields you need. Needs a bit of patience though, because the faulty screen will pop up several times, if you click Connect on it you can continue to add your info.

Tried it. Didn't work. I long tapped on the network name and selected Modify Network. But there is no password field. There was an 'Show Advanced Option' checkbox though. When I selected it, two more settings were made visible - Proxy and IP settings. No Password field.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread