Post Reply

[Q] ? SM-G730A 2000mah battery for I8190 ?

OP koragg97

10th February 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #1  
koragg97's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 146
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
ok so just now i had a look of the AT&T S3 Mini specs over at www.samsung.com and saw that it is listed as having a 2000mah battery, yet the phone dimensions of the new model are a little bit smaller than the ones on the I8190. So would it be possible to put the 2000mah battery from the SM-G730A into my I8190, which originally has just a 1500mah battery (i have a 1700mah one from the Ace 2, but i want more ).

And please don't tell me that there are external chargers, extended batteries or stuff like that. I know about those things, but don't wanna add bulkness to my phone or to be forced to always carry the external charger with me

Have a nice day !
11th February 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

ok so just now i had a look of the AT&T S3 Mini specs over at www.samsung.com and saw that it is listed as having a 2000mah battery, yet the phone dimensions of the new model are a little bit smaller than the ones on the I8190. So would it be possible to put the 2000mah battery from the SM-G730A into my I8190, which originally has just a 1500mah battery (i have a 1700mah one from the Ace 2, but i want more ).

And please don't tell me that there are external chargers, extended batteries or stuff like that. I know about those things, but don't wanna add bulkness to my phone or to be forced to always carry the external charger with me

Have a nice day !

I don't have that phone but as long as it fits, connectors and voltage the same you can use it.
I did this before with my Galaxy W since the shop I went didn't have my exact model.
Or you can buy same size 3rd-party battery that claims 2000mah (I am using one), but I think the numbers are overated. I didn't feel the 2000mah battery last longer than original one.
11th February 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #3  
koragg97's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 146
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdliHebat

I don't have that phone but as long as it fits, connectors and voltage the same you can use it.
I did this before with my Galaxy W since the shop I went didn't have my exact model.
Or you can buy same size 3rd-party battery that claims 2000mah (I am using one), but I think the numbers are overated. I didn't feel the 2000mah battery last longer than original one.

can you give a link to such a battery 'cause i can't seem to find it on the net? BTW my 1700mah battery just stopped charging to 100% from yesterday (only goes to 96 max and then stops). Not that it's a big deal, but 4% is 4% (about 4 hours stand-by time).
12th February 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
I am using Sun Global battery which is local to my place. www.sunglobal.com.my

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #5  
koragg97's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 146
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdliHebat

I am using Sun Global battery which is local to my place. www.sunglobal.com.my

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

thanks i'll see if i can find it around me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes