5,604,050 Members 45,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen Brightness

Tip us?

pike5
Old
(Last edited by pike5; 1st February 2014 at 04:24 PM.) Reason: Improper English and Data Error
Thanks Meter 3
Smile Filter Your Screen App

The "Filter Your Screen - Free" app has dramatically improved video playback using the LG Video viewer, BS Player, and MX Player. The settings that work for me are: Alpha 30; Red 200; Green 200 and Blue 220. I'm sure there are many variations, but I tried to keep it simple.

When not viewing a video, I turn the Filter off and it seems to help extend battery life.

One question: Does anyone have any experience with this app? If so, does it damage a display over time?

Thanks.

shawt
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pike5 View Post
The "Filter Your Screen - Free" app has dramatically improved video playback using the LG Video viewer, BS Player, and MX Player. The settings that work for me are: Alpha 30; Red 200; Green 200 and Blue 220. I'm sure there are many variations, but I tried to keep it simple.

When not viewing a video, I turn the Filter off and it seems to help extend battery life.

One question: Does anyone have any experience with this app? If so, does it damage a display over time?

Thanks.

Great!! thank you for help. Now I can see what is in the movies. I don't unerstand why LG could not set this better? So when I want to watch a movie I have to always run this app. ?

isnoogood
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pike5 View Post

Thanks.
Hi!

Those settings made it a bit better but i still think itís too dark (even with 100 percent brightness). Am I supposed to have the screen brightness to 100 percent? Wont that considerably drain the battery? Is there any other setting I can use?
I read somewhere about a kernel update that could make the screen brighter. Is that even possible?
I know, itís a lot of questions, but would be very glad if someone could shed some light on these issues. Thanks in advance, and excuse my limited English.

brian566
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Tablet G Pad Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by isnoogood View Post
Hi!

Those settings made it a bit better but i still think itís too dark (even with 100 percent brightness). Am I supposed to have the screen brightness to 100 percent? Wont that considerably drain the battery? Is there any other setting I can use?
I read somewhere about a kernel update that could make the screen brighter. Is that even possible?
I know, itís a lot of questions, but would be very glad if someone could shed some light on these issues. Thanks in advance, and excuse my limited English.
Sorry but watching movies on the G pad is a problem especially if they are dark its all down to the screens brightness

At 273 lux, the G Pad's screen is far dimmer than the tablet category average of 359 lux and well off the iPad mini's mark of 432 lux. The Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch offered a higher rating of 477 lux, while the Kindle Fire HDX topped out at 480 lux.

isnoogood
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian566 View Post
Sorry but watching movies on the G pad is a problem especially if they are dark its all down to the screens brightness

At 273 lux, the G Pad's screen is far dimmer than the tablet category average of 359 lux and well off the iPad mini's mark of 432 lux. The Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch offered a higher rating of 477 lux, while the Kindle Fire HDX topped out at 480 lux.

So that kernel fix that supposed to fix the screen brightness (can find when its supposed to get released) wont help, because the screen brightness is bad from the start?