[Q] Split screen after installing CM 10.1 and 9

Search This thread

Krammig

Jul 10, 2013
I have followed carefully (twice) the instal Tut's for both CM 9 and CM 10.1 however I have a screen problem and hang on start up.

When turning on the Atrix 4G (MB860) it seems to start Ok saying Unlocked and the Red M logo shows in the middle, as normal.

Then suddenly the screen seems to split into segments so there are 2 Unlocked texts at the top and an M in the middle at he very bottom, and two half M's either side. The phone hangs at that point.

Any ideas please ?

thanks

thecjan

Nov 2, 2013
I have followed carefully (twice) the instal Tut's for both CM 9 and CM 10.1 however I have a screen problem and hang on start up.

When turning on the Atrix 4G (MB860) it seems to start Ok saying Unlocked and the Red M logo shows in the middle, as normal.

Then suddenly the screen seems to split into segments so there are 2 Unlocked texts at the top and an M in the middle at he very bottom, and two half M's either side. The phone hangs at that point.

Any ideas please ?

thanks

that was normal, everyone have 2 unlocked & 2 1/2 logos. just wait, it took 3~5 minutes to boot.

Krammig

Jul 10, 2013
Correct yes.

Via the Advanced section I did a Cache, Dalvik, System etc etc.

Then I installed the CM-9 same hanging situation.

Full wipe again via all items, then I tried 10.1 same hanging situation.

I have Unlocked the phone, and I did also Root the phone, but what if the Root didn't work, would it hang like this or do something different. I guess what I am asking is, can I check the root worked, or can I assume it worked if the install gets this far anyway ?

thanks

Krammig

Jul 10, 2013
@ palmbeac05 thanks for the reply. All I can see is Recovery v4.0.0.2 Not sure where to check for the Kernel as I can't get in any further than the M logo screen, (apart from the Recovery section)

thanks

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
@ palmbeac05 thanks for the reply. All I can see is Recovery v4.0.0.2 Not sure where to check for the Kernel as I can't get in any further than the M logo screen, (apart from the Recovery section)

thanks

First off, you should really update that recovery. 4.x recoveries have been long since retired. We're now on 5.0.2.x up to 6.0.4.4

Second, what exact rom are you using (meaning state the file name of the rom package you are using)?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Krammig

Jul 10, 2013
The ROM I have downloaded is cm-10.1-20131211-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-olympus.zip

And gapps-jb-20131207-olympus.zip

I tried gapps-kk-20140105.zip but it came up with an error during the install.

I hope I am using the correct versions as these are the ones I could find on the net ?

cheers

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
The ROM I have downloaded is cm-10.1-20131211-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-olympus.zip

And gapps-jb-20131207-olympus.zip

I tried gapps-kk-20140105.zip but it came up with an error during the install.

I hope I am using the correct versions as these are the ones I could find on the net ?

cheers

CM10-10.2 is JB. CM11 is KK. Why you would flash KK gapps onto a JB build is extremely confusing.

That build is using the 3.1.10 kernel. To see that, go to options>about phone.

Boot logo and charging meter (as mentioned in my previous post) are related in terms of the kernel. Fix one, get a glitchy image on the screen for the other. Normal, and already discussed across all 3.1.10 kernel based roms.

Krammig

Jul 10, 2013
CM10-10.2 is JB. CM11 is KK. Why you would flash KK gapps onto a JB build is extremely confusing.

Boot logo and charging meter (as mentioned in my previous post) are related in terms of the kernel. Fix one, get a glitchy image on the screen for the other. Normal, and already discussed across all 3.1.10 kernel based roms.

..."Why you would flash KK gapps onto a JB build is extremely confusing."... If you're confused then imagine how I feel :) Just kidding.

I am absolutely new to all this so apologies for my lack of familiarity. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. I'm trying to catch on as I read posts around the place.

So as I read your feedback I should ;

a) upgrade the Recovery to 5.x or 6.x (not sure where to find these)
b) locate CM10-10.2 JB or CM 11 KK and use the appropriate gapps (JB or KK)

glitchy image doesn't worry me at all, I am just keen to get a V4.x of Android installed so I can use this phone for some other security development that needs Android 4.x, otherwise I have to splash out $150 to buy a new phone which I'm not keen on doing.

It would be nice also to have the fingerprint working on the upgraded version. I saw an addon for Beanstalk somewhere and the developer said that installing that apk would activate the finger scanner. That said, I don't really have much of an idea what I am talking about, just what I have gleaned reading postings. I am 59 years old and with a bunch of old school IT like IBM mainframes etc behind me but am new to all this upgrading of mobiles :)

If you could steer me to any links that would be great.

thanks

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

..."Why you would flash KK gapps onto a JB build is extremely confusing."... If you're confused then imagine how I feel :) Just kidding.

I am absolutely new to all this so apologies for my lack of familiarity. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. I'm trying to catch on as I read posts around the place.

glitchy image doesn't worry me at all, I am just keen to get a V4.x of Android installed so I can use this phone for some other security development that needs Android 4.x, otherwise I have to splash out $150 to buy a new phone which I'm not keen on doing.

It would be nice also to have the fingerprint working on the upgraded version. I saw an addon for Beanstalk somewhere and the developer said that installing that apk would activate the finger scanner. That said, I don't really have much of an idea what I am talking about, just what I have gleaned reading postings. I am 59 years old and with a bunch of old school IT like IBM mainframes etc behind me but am new to all this upgrading of mobiles :)

thanks

Its all good, we've all been there (being noobs i mean)

The 5.x recovery can be found by going to the general section, the thread that has may 16th in its title, and clicking a link in post #1

The 6.x recovery can be found in the new CM10.2 thread (the one not done by epinter)

This is the only Android phone with fingerprint technology (to the best of my knowledge). Most stable on 2.3.x, however it does work on 4.0.4, although its more hit or miss at that point. I've got my Atrix 4G still and i'm running AtrICS v2.0 (Nov 2012 build) with the home button fix and the latest kernel released by krystian (10 Feb (haven't checked development at the time of this post)). Fingerprint for me does work.

Beanstalk is a JB ROM, i believe based off of the old kernel (2.x). I don't recall if that one had the fp working or not.

If the 4G can't do what you need, the A2 and AHD, both which succeeded the 4G, are both available for under 150 on amazon (my AHD was 134 after tax and shipping)

Reactions: Krammig

Krammig

Jul 10, 2013

The 5.x recovery can be found by going to the general section, the thread that has may 16th in its title, and clicking a link in post #1

The 6.x recovery can be found in the new CM10.2 thread (the one not done by epinter)

This is the only Android phone with fingerprint technology (to the best of my knowledge). Most stable on 2.3.x, however it does work on 4.0.4, although its more hit or miss at that point. I've got my Atrix 4G still and i'm running AtrICS v2.0 (Nov 2012 build) with the home button fix and the latest kernel released by krystian (10 Feb (haven't checked development at the time of this post)). Fingerprint for me does work.

Beanstalk is a JB ROM, i believe based off of the old kernel (2.x). I don't recall if that one had the fp working or not.

If the 4G can't do what you need, the A2 and AHD, both which succeeded the 4G, are both available for under 150 on amazon (my AHD was 134 after tax and shipping)

Thanks for that info. A quick question - I see one of the Recovery versions says : CWM-Recovery 6 for Galaxy ACE GT-S5830. Does that mean it is specifically for that model and I need to find one that actually refers to the Atrix 4G MB860 ?

cheers

Krammig

Jul 10, 2013
Good News ..... It's working.

It seems the issue might have been the Recovery app / version. After updating that to 5.x and reinstalling the OS it ran like a dream.

I started with AtrICS v2.0 as you indicated and that worked just fone although for some reason WiFi was not being detected.

I then reformatted etc and installed cm-10.1-20131211-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-olympus and it's all looking good, including fingerprint.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

cheers

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
Good News ..... It's working.

It seems the issue might have been the Recovery app / version. After updating that to 5.x and reinstalling the OS it ran like a dream.

I started with AtrICS v2.0 as you indicated and that worked just fone although for some reason WiFi was not being detected.

I then reformatted etc and installed cm-10.1-20131211-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-olympus and it's all looking good, including fingerprint.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

cheers

Yes you did need to flash a CWM designed specifically for the A4G. AtrICS can be tricky, sometimes, but as long as you installed the main ROM, then the Vendor zip, you should get wifi. If you want to use the 3.1.10 kernel, flash the home fix zip thats in that thread, then upgrade the kernel as needed (highly recommended if you chose this option).

Glad to see you were able to upgrade, and no problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Originally Posted by palmbeach05

thanks