Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,417 Members 43,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Talk?

Tip us?

verbrannt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Google Talk?

Hello All!

Several months ago, when I upgraded to my Galaxy Note 3, I was disgusted by the new 'Hangouts' app that google had forced on me. I promptly rooted, uninstalled it, and found an old .apk for the older Talk app that Hangouts replaced. It worked well enough for a while, but one day several weeks ago the app simply lost its ability to sign in. I'm desperate for a solution to this problem that does NOT involve installing Hangouts. When I try to sign in to Talk, I get a spinning wheel that spins forever.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 383

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbrannt View Post
Hello All!

Several months ago, when I upgraded to my Galaxy Note 3, I was disgusted by the new 'Hangouts' app that google had forced on me. I promptly rooted, uninstalled it, and found an old .apk for the older Talk app that Hangouts replaced. It worked well enough for a while, but one day several weeks ago the app simply lost its ability to sign in. I'm desperate for a solution to this problem that does NOT involve installing Hangouts. When I try to sign in to Talk, I get a spinning wheel that spins forever.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Check out "Google Voice"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.googlevoice