JB Downgrade To GB

Search This thread

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
Hello everybody !

Sorry if there already is a thread about this but could not find it for the GT-I8160.

Rooting, installing custom roms etc. feels too difficult to me at least for now so i have decided that i go back to GB ( i had updated to JB using KIES).

Do you guys know a good tutorial how to do the downgrade ?

Many Thanks ! :)

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
Reactions: NangaParbat75

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
@pedroleon99 thanks for the right link !

Sorry for my stupid questions but i dont want to break my first android phone.

Found this link also http://www.ibnewsline.com/index.php...om-android-412-jelly-bean-to-gingerbreadguide and there it says that you also need to Download and install USB Driver and to make sure that USB Debugging Mode is enabled on the phone to attach it with the PC and use android SDK with it.

So, before i follow the instructions on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2141930 i will first install the usb drivers and download android SDK ?

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
@nusko_x thanks again !

Couple questions more. I will do this :

1. download the Odin and the Rom with the PHONE, right ? Where do i save them on the phone ?

2. Turn off the phone and boot it into Download/Odin mode

3. In the Odin i select the PIT , CSC , PDA files

4. Install Rom

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
Hello,

Run into problem.

Odin doesnt detect my device, the ID:COM port at Odins doesnt turn yellow, its blue all the time ? I have Odin3 v.3.04 version and no problem getting into download mode but there it stops (i run all these steps as administrator)

I suspect it has to do with the usb drivers although i have KIES installed. The only thing i have done with the KIES is searching for the JB upgrade (which i should never have installed) .

Just in case, how can i check that the drivers are installed ?

pedroleon99

Aug 16, 2013
Hello,

Run into problem.

Odin doesnt detect my device, the ID:COM port at Odins doesnt turn yellow, its blue all the time ? I have Odin3 v.3.04 version and no problem getting into download mode but there it stops (i run all these steps as administrator)

I suspect it has to do with the usb drivers although i have KIES installed. The only thing i have done with the KIES is searching for the JB upgrade (which i should never have installed) .

Try reinstall Kies then reboot PC and use Odin 1.85 not 3.04

Inviato dal mio GT-I8160 utilizzando Tapatalk

forbidden8

Feb 9, 2011
Burgas
Hello,

Run into problem.

Its normal to be blue. In 3.04 is not yellow anymore.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
Thanks guys, it was blue and all i had to do was to just continue and now i have GB ! :)

One issue though, there are some icons on the screen with russian text left, is there a way to correct this ?

NangaParbat75

Jan 31, 2014
Ok , so i have to flash region gb firmware but how ? :eek: I live in Finland.

If i flash my phone through KIES then i get the JB again ? :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No man, download GB rom for your country and flash it with odin. Ore download some for europe.
    Hello everybody !

Sorry if there already is a thread about this but could not find it for the GT-I8160.

Rooting, installing custom roms etc. feels too difficult to me at least for now so i have decided that i go back to GB ( i had updated to JB using KIES).

Do you guys know a good tutorial how to do the downgrade ?

Many Thanks ! :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2141930
    @nusko_x thanks again !

Couple questions more. I will do this :

1. download the Odin and the Rom with the PHONE, right ? Where do i save them on the phone ?

2. Turn off the phone and boot it into Download/Odin mode

3. In the Odin i select the PIT , CSC , PDA files

4. Install Rom

1. pc. anywhere.
    4. its just pressing start :/
    Hello,

Run into problem.

Try reinstall Kies then reboot PC and use Odin 1.85 not 3.04

Inviato dal mio GT-I8160 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Hello,

Run into problem.

Its normal to be blue. In 3.04 is not yellow anymore.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk