Keyboard

OP ElAguila

9th February 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 74

2,064 posts
I was wondering what keyboard most are using? I purchased swype with dragon for my phone. I am not familiar with the Samsung keyboard. I know they have added the ability to swipe words now like Swype does. I also own Swift key. I was wondering if it was worth the resource cost to install and use Skype or Swiftkey on this tablet.
9th February 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila

I was wondering what keyboard most are using? I purchased swype with dragon for my phone. I am not familiar with the Samsung keyboard. I know they have added the ability to swipe words now like Swype does. I also own Swift key. I was wondering if it was worth the resource cost to install and use Skype or Swiftkey on this tablet.

I've been using the (old) paid edition of swiftkey on my note 10.1 and my s3 phone for a while...however, finally discovered that, for whatever reason, swiftkey was causing serious lag on my s3. I did a bit of research and am now trying TouchPal X on both phone and tablet, which is free. I'm still getting used to it but really like what it offers so far...it let me resize the keyboard and font, has a swype-like trace function, predicts words really well and has lots of customisation options. The only thing I don't like is it creates a little toolbar about the keys which I would rather be able to hide, not a huge deal though. Would say it's worth a try - and if you don't like it, at least you haven't shelled out for it!
Hope this helps
10th February 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 15

60 posts
I used to use Swype, way back on my Galaxy S2. But I now prefer the Samsung keyboard on my Note II and on my Note 10.1-2014.

I find using the keyboard for cursor movement is a better use of the swiping/sliding action than the swype kind of typing.
10th February 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 367

1,534 posts
More
I use the SwiftKey beta with enabled number row atm. But I like the original Samsung keyboard as well although it has some annoying things like missing arrow keys and the pop up on holding takes way too long.
Another great alternative is thumb keyboard. Great customization options.
11th February 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Abilene, Texas
Thanks Meter: 7

70 posts
More
Thumb Keyboard. Great responsiveness and customization.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
11th February 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #6  
Flag Birmingham Al
Thanks Meter: 18

77 posts
Donate to Me
More
I really like the stock Samsung keyboard. I've tried Skype and it never got my words right. I tried the Google keyboard and it doesn't have the secondary key long hold thing that Samsung keyboard does...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 7

478 posts
Speaking of keyboard, how do users find the virtual keyboard(s) on the 10.1 2014? I read that the ones for the 12.2 would be a full size keyboard. How about 10.1 2014? Are the keys reasonably large and well spaced?
12th February 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 88

304 posts
Until recently, the Samsung keyboards were crap. But the current Samsung keyboards are pretty good. I've tried Swiftkey and the the Google keyboard and prefer the Samsung keyboard over those.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread