5,605,685 Members 48,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Unbricking with nvflash

Tip us?

Partitionator
Old
(Last edited by Partitionator; 15th December 2013 at 07:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by heterodoxy View Post
I'm wondering if you're just in some really strange run state. Have you tried disconnecting the battery, leaving it disconnected for a minute, re-connecting it, and then trying to boot into APX mode again?
Yep not only once...

EDIT: How exactly did you enter the APX Mode, and did you had a similar problem?

Partitionator
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Booting again... It seems that the bootloader from 4.4.2 sends our device in a very very deep slep...
Got it working again by disconection batttery and holding vol + all the time while reconecting and pluggin in USB.
I could flash the working 3.4.1 bootloader over the brocken 4.4.2 bootloader with fastboot like in my unbricking Guide described...

So I think I proved that --download 4 wonīt cause a signiture missmatch in any case, as long the bootloader you want to flash with fastboot has a valid signiture
And I canīt say it often enougth: the bootloaders from 4.3 and 4.4.2 Factory Images are bad, very bad, donīt even think about trying to flash these!
Go to this Page: https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images?hl=de and hit Feedback or something an tell Google they hav to remove these bad bootloaders that kill our devices!

AndDiSa
Old
Thanks Meter 303
As far as I know you can enter APX-mode by pressing both, Vol+ and Vol- when starting your tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

1. Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100, CM-11-UNOFFICIAL-i9100 (ADS-build)

2. Phone: G1
Rom: IcedADS_Magpie Gingerbread (2.3.7) based on ezGingerbread and Firerat's magpie
Recovery: Amon RA-Dream-v1.7.0 (MTD:90/2/114, 1.33.0013)
Radio: 2.22.28.25 SPL: 1.33.0013d SD Card: 8GB Class 6 - ~7.2GB Fat32 / ~500MB Ext3

Nexus 7 (16GB), Android 4.4.2 (Rooted Stock)
Follow me on AndDiSa Android Blog.

Get 20 GB(!) of cloud space using copy.com

Partitionator
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hm I flashed 3.41 bootloader after my brick and now i saw fastboot shows me under the serial number: SINGING - not definied yet, what does your bootloader shows you?

And I looked at a updater script from an OTA Update how they write de Bootloader
Quote:
package_extract_file("bootloader.raw", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/USP");
they must be crazy, no checks at all...
BTW: which device in /dev/block is this?

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa View Post
As far as I know you can enter APX-mode by pressing both, Vol+ and Vol- when starting your tablet.

Hm in normal state it goes to APX Mode if I hold vol+ at reboot. With earsed mmcblk0boot0 I only need to hold Power while connected to PC

AndDiSa
Old
Thanks Meter 303
USP is a 10MB staging area, partition mmcblk0p6. I have a list of the Nexus 7 partitions in my blog.

1. Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100, CM-11-UNOFFICIAL-i9100 (ADS-build)

2. Phone: G1
Rom: IcedADS_Magpie Gingerbread (2.3.7) based on ezGingerbread and Firerat's magpie
Recovery: Amon RA-Dream-v1.7.0 (MTD:90/2/114, 1.33.0013)
Radio: 2.22.28.25 SPL: 1.33.0013d SD Card: 8GB Class 6 - ~7.2GB Fat32 / ~500MB Ext3

Nexus 7 (16GB), Android 4.4.2 (Rooted Stock)
Follow me on AndDiSa Android Blog.

Get 20 GB(!) of cloud space using copy.com

Partitionator
Old
(Last edited by Partitionator; 12th February 2014 at 03:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Hm i overread the topic again and I think that the flash.cfg has not to be correct, because I think the flash.cfg is only for the create command (wich has to fail)

Sangito
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up tf300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partitionator View Post
Hm i overread the topic again and I think that the flash.cfg has to be correct, because I think the flash.cfg is only for the create command (wich has to fail)

Even if it wrong, i have a asus tf300/32Go and the flash.cfg of the Nexus 7 you give, make the nvflash command working again, after that i restore the original bct with my recovery.bct and do the restore like you propose and bam everyhing work again.

I think my patition table was damage(the bct), but when i send a new one event if it wrong it unlock the nvflash command long enough to make a restore.

For that thanks Partitionator
You are the best.

Partitionator
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks for your Reply...
Now we know that we can use any flash.cfg, that looks vaild to nvflash
And I forgot the "not" in my last Post

matlock67
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I think my n7 16gb is bricked, all I get is Google displayed, cannot get to either fast boot or recovery modes, only way to power down is to wait until the battery dies.
Ive nothing to lose in trying to nvflash so have you step by step guide including what software is required plus any links.
If got both win 7 64bit or Ubuntu access.

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlock67 View Post
Hi, I think my n7 16gb is bricked, all I get is Google displayed, cannot get to either fast boot or recovery modes, only way to power down is to wait until the battery dies.
Ive nothing to lose in trying to nvflash so have you step by step guide including what software is required plus any links.
If got both win 7 64bit or Ubuntu access.
If you get the Google logo thats your bootloader how did your tablet get to that point? Have you tried pressing power and vol down just as the Google screen comes up that should bring you into the boot loader and you can use adb commands

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app