OP mholloway

12th February 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
new jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,047

1,285 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck

A point of clarification, you can still flash any ROM from any Android build you desire-4.1.2, 4.3, 4.4. The danger is when you try to use Odin to push an older firmware which contains a different, non-Knox bootloader. That is when Knox will step in and brick your phone. Flashing custom ROM's via recovery is harmless.

Thats good to know about odin, thanks
12th February 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #12  
Flag Littleton, CO
Thanks Meter: 1,733

3,968 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck

From a personal standpoint, even though I don't have Knox, I just wouldn't want to go backwards anyway! That is what is fun and exciting about Android, is the new builds with new features, constantly improving on the past builds!

I flashed back to 4.1.2, my phone was not happy with 4.3 at all. Bad call quality, randomly never connecting to calls, various things acted unstable with various kernels. I love the features of 4.3, but 4.1.2 just works better for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to metalfan78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #13  
Flag Longmont, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 295

395 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78

I flashed back to 4.1.2, my phone was not happy with 4.3 at all. Bad call quality, randomly never connecting to calls, various things acted unstable with various kernels. I love the features of 4.3, but 4.1.2 just works better for me.

Definitely a matter of YMMV for sure! I have been loving KitKat, but 4.3 did work nicely for me as well. I also rarely use anything TW based as well, so that could make a difference too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread