Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,779 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can I install any rom

Tip us?

mholloway
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
A point of clarification, you can still flash any ROM from any Android build you desire-4.1.2, 4.3, 4.4. The danger is when you try to use Odin to push an older firmware which contains a different, non-Knox bootloader. That is when Knox will step in and brick your phone. Flashing custom ROM's via recovery is harmless.
Thats good to know about odin, thanks
Holloway

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
From a personal standpoint, even though I don't have Knox, I just wouldn't want to go backwards anyway! That is what is fun and exciting about Android, is the new builds with new features, constantly improving on the past builds!
I flashed back to 4.1.2, my phone was not happy with 4.3 at all. Bad call quality, randomly never connecting to calls, various things acted unstable with various kernels. I love the features of 4.3, but 4.1.2 just works better for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to metalfan78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78 View Post
I flashed back to 4.1.2, my phone was not happy with 4.3 at all. Bad call quality, randomly never connecting to calls, various things acted unstable with various kernels. I love the features of 4.3, but 4.1.2 just works better for me.
Definitely a matter of YMMV for sure! I have been loving KitKat, but 4.3 did work nicely for me as well. I also rarely use anything TW based as well, so that could make a difference too.