FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Lost Connection after Update GM 1.6

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By AgentJ, Member on 11th February 2014, 11:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
SOLVED !
See last thread!

Hi!
Yesterday i updated my GM from 1.5xx to 1.6xx. After installation i lost my connection to Gear (on Null_19) and can't reconnect. "Can't find Device". Both Devices works now autark, phone calls from gear and BT tethering works well, but i don't have my contacts or notifications, all gear-apps lost connection to phone. Reinstall of GM 1.5xx don't work. Anyone can help? Perhaps a newer Null_ROM will work?


gesendet von meinem Note 3 mit Tapatalk2
Last edited by AgentJ; 12th February 2014 at 04:22 PM.
 
 
12th February 2014, 02:35 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I'm having the same problem
12th February 2014, 11:04 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Gear Manager can't start! On first screen he want to connect. But he can't find a device. Thats it.

Update:
I deinstall GM, restart Note3, and install ALL Versions of 1.5xxx (everytime with restart),- nothing will work the Gear! Nothing bring back my old connection.
I checked all versions, everytime the same Error: " Time Out Connection, No Device found".
You can see a paired Device (Gear), but a klick on it start the search for a device, and breaks with the time out.
Crazy Thing: If he start searching, he breaks the BT-Connection for a short period. On the gear:"Connection to phone is broken..." Normally at this point he get a connection, not a break. Seems like a "negative connection"
But if i cut this BT Connection, i got the same Problem.
...
HEELP!!!!

The last solution is a new NULL_ROM ? OK, i can wait.
Or a complete wipe with new Root, new TWRP and actual NULL_ROM 22.1, new Kitkat-ROM for the Note3 and the new GM 1.6xxx ??? Omg...

Any Ideas ???
Thanks,
Jay
gesendet von meinem Note 3 mit Tapatalk2
Last edited by AgentJ; 12th February 2014 at 12:20 PM.
12th February 2014, 12:46 PM |#5  
jutley's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 334
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentJ

Gear Manager can't start! On first screen he want to connect. But he can't find a device. Thats it.

Update:
I deinstall GM, restart Note3, and install ALL Versions of 1.5xxx (everytime with restart),- nothing will work the Gear! Nothing bring back my old connection.
I checked all versions, everytime the same Error: " Time Out Connection, No Device found".
You can see a paired Device (Gear), but a klick on it start the search for a device, and breaks with the time out.
Crazy Thing: If he start searching, he breaks the BT-Connection for a short period. On the gear:"Connection to phone is broken..." Normally at this point he get a connection, not a break. Seems like a "negative connection"
But if i cut this BT Connection, i got the same Problem.
...
HEELP!!!!

The last solution is a new NULL_ROM ? OK, i can wait.
Or a complete wipe with new Root, new TWRP and actual NULL_ROM 22.1, new Kitkat-ROM for the Note3 and the new GM 1.6xxx ??? Omg...

Any Ideas ???
Thanks,
Jay
gesendet von meinem Note 3 mit Tapatalk2

Facorty reset your phone and then factory reset the watch and start again that should do the trick.
12th February 2014, 01:05 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutley

Facorty reset your phone and then factory reset the watch and start again that should do the trick.

Yeah, and send the earth in a black hole solved all our problems.

Any other solutions ? Without factory reset ?
12th February 2014, 04:20 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Red face Problem solved! Lost Connection after Upgrade to 1.6
Here are the End of the Problem:
Thanks to blackknightavalon!!!

First take a backup from your "Data" in TWRP!

1: Downgrade to Gear Manager 1.2.131013
2. Connect your Gear with the GM.
3. If connection stable, upgrade to 1.5.23002
4. Connect your Gear with the GM.
5. If everything work and connection stable, restore your "Data" from TWRP
6. Reinstall all SSApps fro, the Gearstore for App-Connection.

FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknightavalon View Post
As has been mentioned over several posts, the loss of apps is due to the latest Gear Manager glitching, not the ROM.
Just stick with Gear Manager 1.2.131013 and you'll be fine.
I donīt loss any apps,- i am not on this point. I just loss the whole connection between Gear and GM.
OK, i try it with the superold GM.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentJ View Post
I donīt loss any apps,- i am not on this point. I just loss the whole connection between Gear and GM.
OK, i try it with the superold GM.
eeeeeek !!! It works! The superold 1.2.131013 fixed the connection.
Update now to the last 1.5xx,- perhaps it works.
It kills all my sideloaded and direct over Play installed apps, the widgets and watchfaces - but it works!
Question: If i backup only my "data" over TWRP... everything is reinstall,- isīn it ???

Update: Update to 1.5123002 working! Backup from Recovery: Working Perfect!
Problem solved! Where is your Beer-Button ???

Many Thanks from Germany!
Last edited by AgentJ; 12th February 2014 at 05:21 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes