5,593,293 Members 33,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bug report] Nexus 4 wake up screen lag when streaming Bluetooth audio

Tip us?

Outrager
Old
(Last edited by Outrager; 13th February 2014 at 02:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [Bug report] Nexus 4 wake up screen lag when streaming Bluetooth audio

After awhile while streaming audio with the Pocket Casts app (probably happens with all audio apps but i only use Pocket casts) over Bluetooth there is a delay turning on the screen. When I press the power button the screen is black but the backlight is on. After a few seconds, sometimes up to 6-7 seconds, the lock screen image will appear and let me swipe to unlock my phone. Changing to no lock screen doesn't fix it.
Turning off Bluetooth or stopping the audio does not fix the problem once it occurs. Only solution seems to be a reboot (and maybe waiting an hour or more but not positive).

Nexus 4 with OmniROM ROM and kernel. Happens on both Dalvik and ART. Latest nightly Feb 9, 2014 and also noticed it in previous week of nightlies.

Update: This only occurs if I manually sleep the display with the power button. If I let the display timeout and go to sleep automatically then the screen turns on instantly like normal.

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23382

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrager View Post
After awhile while streaming audio with the Pocket Casts app (probably happens with all audio apps but i only use Pocket casts) over Bluetooth there is a delay turning on the screen. When I press the power button the screen is black but the backlight is on. After a few seconds, sometimes up to 6-7 seconds, the lock screen image will appear and let me swipe to unlock my phone. Changing to no lock screen doesn't fix it.
Turning off Bluetooth or stopping the audio does not fix the problem once it occurs. Only solution seems to be a reboot (and maybe waiting an hour or more but not positive).

Nexus 4 with OmniROM ROM and kernel. Happens on both Dalvik and ART. Latest nightly Feb 9, 2014 and also noticed it in previous week of nightlies.
1) Bug reports belong on JIRA
2) Unless a developer can reproduce the issue, we can't do anything without a logcat and (in this case) kernel dmesg.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

Outrager
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
1) Bug reports belong on JIRA
2) Unless a developer can reproduce the issue, we can't do anything without a logcat and (in this case) kernel dmesg.
Sorry, I saw a few other bug report threads so I assumed they go here.
Can you tell me what JIRA is? I'll have to look up how to logcat and get a kernel dmesg.