[Q] How to get back to stock

OP waaldron

11th February 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
So my phone was rooted until I got the 4.3 update( Silly me for updating). Once I got the update and Samsung Knox appeared on my phone It said I had to disable it, well after following this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758 it disabled Knox, but I have some sort of problem with updating the SuperSU binary? I click continue then is asks if I want to use Normal or TWRP/CWM I do not have a custom recovery, so I clicked normal. Then it pops up that it is installing after 2-10 seconds it fails and asks me to reboot and try again

I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to get it work and searching the forums(and google) for answers. At this point I am completely stumped on what to do. Any ideas? Can I get back to completely stock somehow so I can try again? Or is there a way to update SuperSU?

I will be checking back this is not one of those posts where someone asks a questions and does not return
Last edited by waaldron; 11th February 2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Messed up image links
11th February 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,552

5,263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waaldron

So my phone was rooted until I got the 4.3 update(
I will be checking back this is not one of those posts where someone asks a questions and does not return

Give this a try while phone connected to PC, run "adb shell" command, you should see $ prompt, then run "/system/xbin/su", you see root's # prompt. Please verify this before we proceed further.
12th February 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
I ended up just flashing stock then doing it all over again and it worked. Sorry for the late reply and thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread