Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 37,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to get back to stock

Tip us?

waaldron
Old
(Last edited by waaldron; 11th February 2014 at 07:48 PM.) Reason: Messed up image links
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] How to get back to stock

So my phone was rooted until I got the 4.3 update( Silly me for updating). Once I got the update and Samsung Knox appeared on my phone It said I had to disable it, well after following this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758 it disabled Knox, but I have some sort of problem with updating the SuperSU binary? I click continue then is asks if I want to use Normal or TWRP/CWM I do not have a custom recovery, so I clicked normal. Then it pops up that it is installing after 2-10 seconds it fails and asks me to reboot and try again

I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to get it work and searching the forums(and google) for answers. At this point I am completely stumped on what to do. Any ideas? Can I get back to completely stock somehow so I can try again? Or is there a way to update SuperSU?

I will be checking back this is not one of those posts where someone asks a questions and does not return

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by waaldron View Post
So my phone was rooted until I got the 4.3 update(
I will be checking back this is not one of those posts where someone asks a questions and does not return
Give this a try while phone connected to PC, run "adb shell" command, you should see $ prompt, then run "/system/xbin/su", you see root's # prompt. Please verify this before we proceed further.

waaldron
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I ended up just flashing stock then doing it all over again and it worked. Sorry for the late reply and thank you