Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

To root or not LG E980

Tip us?

deadenz
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
probably a real noob question but I'm not real familiar with lg devices, what is efs exactly? does it effect gps in anyway? and can you restore efs on any rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles7 View Post
Xposed is working good for me. Not as much for the OGP as other devices. I think you will find enough for what you want, though.
Don't know about 10p.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

FreeGee has an option to backup you EFS from within the app. Of course you can back it up in every way you would like. However, you will want to copy the freegee folder (or whatever backups you do) with that backup in it to your external SD or computer so it doesn't get wiped. The reality is, you most likely won't ever need that backup. It's a worse case scenario.

Just be careful when formatting partitions on the OGP. Only format system, cache, and data/media partitions, and doe the regular wipes and you'll be fine.
LG G FLEX

Emmanuel2000
Old
Thanks Meter 32
if you don't know what to use it for then don't. if you need it for a specific reason do it.

deadenz
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel2000 View Post
if you don't know what to use it for then don't. if you need it for a specific reason do it.
That was real helpful.. thanks

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
LG G FLEX

g0at1
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadenz View Post
That was real helpful.. thanks

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
Don't understand why people do this. Seriously.
@deadenz that's the partition where your imei is stored.

If I'm not wrong in the Freegee thread you can read that EFS plays an important part on bypassing the bootloader.

Thus, having it backed up can play an important part in case Murphy pays you a visit.

Sent from my LG-E989 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to g0at1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deweywiii
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Okay so have roughly 15-16 hours of research and development on my part I have to wait to root my phone because after unbricking my soft brick from attempted OTA I learned that I simply flashed my phone to 10P not 10K. Stupid me. Flashing it wasn't hard it was just time consuming finding the TOT and what not. So I'll be monitoring the forums patiently waiting for the root of 10P while I attempt to create a root for 10P myself. Since I have acquired a G pro on 10P from a Co worker. WISH ME LUCK

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

mpsantiago
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deweywiii View Post
Okay so have roughly 15-16 hours of research and development on my part I have to wait to root my phone because after unbricking my soft brick from attempted OTA I learned that I simply flashed my phone to 10P not 10K. Stupid me. Flashing it wasn't hard it was just time consuming finding the TOT and what not. So I'll be monitoring the forums patiently waiting for the root of 10P while I attempt to create a root for 10P myself. Since I have acquired a G pro on 10P from a Co worker. WISH ME LUCK

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
Using this method:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2660&nocache=1

...I was able to do mine in 30min or so (once I had all the big files downloaded!). I used the TOT linked in that thread.

Just don't try it in Win8. I could never get it to work on my Win8.1 laptop. I borrowed my wife's Win7 computer and it worked on the first shot with no fuss.
"I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money"

Current Devices:
LG Optimus G Pro E980 (CM11) | LG Nitro HD P930 (CM10.1 + Wind Kernel 2.5) | 2012 Nexus7 16GB (Stock 4.4.2 + faux123 kernel)

Akaso N7X 4.1 tablet (wife's), Nextbook7 (son's) | ZTE N800 "Awe" (wife's)