FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q]Disable magnetic sensor

9th February 2014, 08:51 AM |#1  
neol23's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Hello-
I have samsung book cover case and want to disable auto screen on/off function.
As there is no such option, the only way is to disable magnetic sensor (lid function).
Can someone write a flashable script to do it ?
Or suggest any other way to solve it...
Thanks in advance!
 
 
10th February 2014, 09:08 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:

Hello-
I have samsung book cover case and want to disable auto screen on/off function.
As there is no such option, the only way is to disable magnetic sensor (lid function).
Can someone write a flashable script to do it ?
Or suggest any other way to solve it...
Thanks in advance!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49700851

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Cdelaballe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 04:52 AM |#3  
neol23's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdelaballe

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49700851

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

I saw this as well, but thought it is for moto only... Will try it - thanks .
11th February 2014, 06:41 AM |#4  
{Diemex}'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Alternatively disable DayNote if you don't need it. It seems to be build into that apk.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
11th February 2014, 08:26 PM |#5  
neol23's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Diemex}

Alternatively disable DayNote if you don't need it. It seems to be build into that apk.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

Disabled it already. The magnet sensor still locks/unlocks the tablet, just the daynote does not appear . Thanks anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdelaballe

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49700851

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

Does not work. Tried it...
11th February 2014, 08:53 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neol23

Disabled it already. The magnet sensor still locks/unlocks the tablet, just the daynote does not appear . Thanks anyway...



Does not work. Tried it...

I'm not entirely sure if I recall correctly, but I think I remember that theres an app My Script Resources or such that has hooks into Daynote and in turn the magnetic sensor. I think I recall that I once froze that app and it broke my book cover. Might work for you.
12th February 2014, 08:43 AM |#7  
neol23's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks007

I'm not entirely sure if I recall correctly, but I think I remember that theres an app My Script Resources or such that has hooks into Daynote and in turn the magnetic sensor. I think I recall that I once froze that app and it broke my book cover. Might work for you.

I will try it when I get home. Thanks
12th February 2014, 05:56 PM |#8  
neol23's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Tried and it did not work. Frozed the app with TB, but the cover still works.
Thanks, though...
12th February 2014, 06:25 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Weird, you a P600 or P605 user? I've got a P605 and just disabled Daynote. The magnetic sensor didn't work until I enabled Daynote again.
That was without touching the My Resources thing.
12th February 2014, 06:58 PM |#10  
neol23's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
P605. Funny, when i disable daynote i get usual lock screen, but my cover still works...
Anyway, thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes