Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Tip us?

resitin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
1- please post a "fastboot getvar all" (except IMEI and s/n) in my guide please http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082 I can help you there restore your phone to stock

2- yes, once the ROM is up and running (because in step 1, your phone will get wiped), you can restore the "internal storage" folders, I would recommend 1 folder at a time to only restore needed stuff; so you look what's in the folder on your PC, if you think it should be on the phone too (eg music, pictures, etc) copy that
I see you have WhatsApp, copy that folder too, BEFORE installing WhatsApp... upon installation WhatsApp will tell you it found a backup and if you wish to use it, then you'll have the chats and pics back too for WhatsApp

3- the CWM backups are just made at two different times, can't say what's corrupt or not, but you won't be needing them, unless you want to restore certain apps+data using the tool i mentioned above (only if absolutely necessary)

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

that's not nice

once you flashed the stock boot.img the kernel should be intact.

EDIT: oh, you could have mentioned: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2593491

don't think this is going to be fixable, you've already tried factory reset, reflash signed firmware, etc etc
sorry

stock recovery is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzc6q163j3....06.1540.3.img
if you feel like trying again
Thanks any way for your help

LibertyMarine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
This here is kinda OT.. so I'll hide it But there's really no other place for it.. not even in OT section, so I'll post it right here:

Quote:

That's a very good post

So Thank You

I hope the whatever problem it is will go away soon.

Keep your chin up!

Good Luck!

Sincerely,
nkk71
Sorry to all mods, this here is kinda OT:

Thanks, I hope so too, I made a short update to the thread's first post.
The cause for leaving the HTC One section *most likely* is that I've eaten 3 HTC Ones .... and I am f*cking pissed off! I think you might know this procedure... backing everything up... running ruu... resetting tampered and set to locked... get ota to hboot 1.54.... set s on (did it only once.. I hate this risk) and then run again through all OTAs... with my incredible internet speed.
Then writing the description of the fault, arguing with the customer sevice and so on ....

yeah.. 3 times... it took me about several 100 hours this HTC One... for nothing... and now, I lost the patience with HTC... and.. good bye.. refund and take a break... a few months without phone maybe

And there's another kinda more annoying problem... it's actually way too off topic to talk about it here.. yeah... and so, I'll leave XDA for some time.. even tough I really like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza View Post
+1
Thanks, I really appreciate it I think you can read the reason above..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfil3 View Post
Dude thanks so much for your help! But my mom got pissed at me for "breaking" my brothers phone. So she gave it to her IT guy at her school and he fixed it overnight. He had to relock the boot loader and he had to go through a bunch of Roms to find one that worked. Now its just stock and locked. I think I'm done messing with htc's for now. Thanks for the help!!
Oh.. yeah.. I can expect that my mother was also annoyed when I made *small* changes to her pc ... even tough it's a long time ago

Now.. on topic again:

Quote:
I'm not familiar with those tools, but
ahhh these are my little tools that I wrote a long time ago these are batch files that can copy automatically CWM or TWRP backups to your pc.... it's naturally only useful when being unable to get to OS.. The other tools just copied the SDCard...

both tools are written for people that don't like playing around with CMD commands...

Quote:
those look like CWM nandroids
they are indeed

Quote:
That looks like your "internal storage" (DCIM = camera shots, etc)
yes.. that's it

Quote:
1- please post a "fastboot getvar all" (except IMEI and s/n) in my guide please http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082 I can help you there restore your phone to stock

2- yes, once the ROM is up and running (because in step 1, your phone will get wiped), you can restore the "internal storage" folders, I would recommend 1 folder at a time to only restore needed stuff; so you look what's in the folder on your PC, if you think it should be on the phone too (eg music, pictures, etc) copy that
I see you have WhatsApp, copy that folder too, BEFORE installing WhatsApp... upon installation WhatsApp will tell you it found a backup and if you wish to use it, then you'll have the chats and pics back too for WhatsApp

3- the CWM backups are just made at two different times, can't say what's corrupt or not, but you won't be needing them, unless you want to restore certain apps+data using the tool i mentioned above (only if absolutely necessary)
ok, you take him to your thread that's nice if you want me to do something or whatever, call me with a mention

Quote:
that's not nice

[...]

don't think this is going to be fixable, you've already tried factory reset, reflash signed firmware, etc etc
sorry
@resitin I'm sorry for you!

Sending it in for repair might be the best thing you can do right now. Good luck ! Maybe you can get a discount.. but actually you UNFORTUNATELY can't expect a free repair... just try to keep the costs as low as possible...

But what I'm interested in.. what did you do before you got into these troubles ? this would be interesting because we can prevent others from doing this mistake... and again...
I'm sorry for ya !

Bye guys
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]