Delay in display after flipping quick cover to open

OP A. K. Jain

12th February 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2

53 posts
More
I am on stock ROM 4.1.2. I use Quick cover feature & its quite convenient as it does not require one to lock or unlock the phone manually.
However, I am experiencing one problem with this feature that after flipping the cover to open, it takes hell lot of time for screen to display. This becomes quite irritating when there is an incoming call because you have to flip the cover, wait for the diaplay to know caller & call options and then attend the call. All this takes so much of time that sometimes before I can answer the call, caller disconnects the call assuming no response from my side.
Is there any way to reduce the wake up time to display?

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app
12th February 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #2  

21 posts
More
How much time is it taking for your screen to turn on? A few seconds? For me, when I was using the AT&T flip cover, it's pretty quick. Screen turns on almost instantaneously (just a couple milliseconds delay). I'm also using stock Panama 4.1.2 ROM. You might need to do optimizations on your device to improve speed.
12th February 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Delhi

53 posts
More
Thanks for the quick response. It takes about 4-5 seconds. Could you please describe the optimization mentioned in your post.

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app
12th February 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #4  

21 posts
More
4-5 seconds is a lot. Just the basics like uninstalling unnecessary & RAM-hungry apps. You can also try disabling Quad Core control, though I think that helps more to the battery life than system speed. You can also try a factory reset, but if the problem persist, then I'm not sure what's causing it anymore. I haven't experienced that kind of delay on my device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread