Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Delay in display after flipping quick cover to open

Tip us?

A. K. Jain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Delay in display after flipping quick cover to open

I am on stock ROM 4.1.2. I use Quick cover feature & its quite convenient as it does not require one to lock or unlock the phone manually.
However, I am experiencing one problem with this feature that after flipping the cover to open, it takes hell lot of time for screen to display. This becomes quite irritating when there is an incoming call because you have to flip the cover, wait for the diaplay to know caller & call options and then attend the call. All this takes so much of time that sometimes before I can answer the call, caller disconnects the call assuming no response from my side.
Is there any way to reduce the wake up time to display?

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app
Phone - P3400i (New Gene) --> HTC Imagio Verizon unlocked --> Samsung Focus 1.3 AT&T Unlocked --> LG Optimus G Pro E988

jrtancinco
Old
Thanks Meter 2
How much time is it taking for your screen to turn on? A few seconds? For me, when I was using the AT&T flip cover, it's pretty quick. Screen turns on almost instantaneously (just a couple milliseconds delay). I'm also using stock Panama 4.1.2 ROM. You might need to do optimizations on your device to improve speed.

A. K. Jain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for the quick response. It takes about 4-5 seconds. Could you please describe the optimization mentioned in your post.

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app
Phone - P3400i (New Gene) --> HTC Imagio Verizon unlocked --> Samsung Focus 1.3 AT&T Unlocked --> LG Optimus G Pro E988

jrtancinco
Old
Thanks Meter 2
4-5 seconds is a lot. Just the basics like uninstalling unnecessary & RAM-hungry apps. You can also try disabling Quad Core control, though I think that helps more to the battery life than system speed. You can also try a factory reset, but if the problem persist, then I'm not sure what's causing it anymore. I haven't experienced that kind of delay on my device.