5,597,762 Members 35,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom ROM means sacrificing camera quality?

Tip us?

vpxf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Custom ROM means sacrificing camera quality?

I recently rooted/s-offd my phone and immediately went for Cyanogenmod. I couldn't help but notice the camera quality is extremely horrid in comparison to the stock camera.

Is there a solution to this with use of Cyanogenmod, and or is this problem only linked to ROMs that aren't sensed base? I'm not incredibly big on using my camera but I utilize it enough to where I need the quality back.

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 989
Yep that pretty much is the case when you switch to aosp on an HTC phone. You could try focal from the play store. It looks better than cm in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

vpxf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnecktie View Post
Yep that pretty much is the case when you switch to aosp on an HTC phone. You could try focal from the play store. It looks better than cm in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
AFAIK Focal is designed by the makers of CM(or something like that). I'll check it out but last I knew it was extremely buggy.

Would going to a sense based ROM(eg viper) resolve the camera issue? I could always experience with nand backups but knowing off the bat would save me some time.

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpxf View Post
AFAIK Focal is designed by the makers of CM(or something like that). I'll check it out but last I knew it was extremely buggy.

Would going to a sense based ROM(eg viper) resolve the camera issue? I could always experience with nand backups but knowing off the bat would save me some time.
Yeah viper is a sense ROM so the sense cam still works. Focal was designed for use with cm but the creator pulled it from cm when they went corporate. The last time I used it it wasn't buggy at all but I don't really take pics that much.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to disconnecktie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vpxf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnecktie View Post
Yeah viper is a sense ROM so the sense cam still works. Focal was designed for use with cm but the creator pulled it from cm when they went corporate. The last time I used it it wasn't buggy at all but I don't really take pics that much.

I just tried it out and it crashed within seconds of use haha. PicSphere is still buggy but that's no surprise. It definitely seems to be a good camera, just needs more work. Something I will have to keep an eye on.

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpxf View Post
I just tried it out and it crashed within seconds of use haha. PicSphere is still buggy but that's no surprise. It definitely seems to be a good camera, just needs more work. Something I will have to keep an eye on.
What ROM are you running that it crashes on? I installed it on the new liquid and it works fine.