5,604,050 Members 48,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What modem should I flash to use a T-Mobile S4 (m919) on At&t network?

Tip us?

abovenbeyond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default What modem should I flash to use a T-Mobile S4 (m919) on At&t network?

So I have am using already a T-Mobile S4 (m919) on At&t's network... I have already rooted it, flashed Hyperdrive, entered the correct APN, and it works basically well...

Here is what I am wondering, my signal strength seems to be not the best and it makes me wonder, is there a modem, baseband I can flash on the T-mobile version of the S4 that could possibly help it work better on the At&t network... and do so with out making my S4 a paper weight?
Current Phone: M-919 Galaxy S4 on AT&T.
Old phones: Note 2, S3, S2, and many more!

ShinySide
Old
Thanks Meter 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by abovenbeyond View Post
So I have am using already a T-Mobile S4 (m919) on At&t's network... I have already rooted it, flashed Hyperdrive, entered the correct APN, and it works basically well...

Here is what I am wondering, my signal strength seems to be not the best and it makes me wonder, is there a modem, baseband I can flash on the T-mobile version of the S4 that could possibly help it work better on the At&t network... and do so with out making my S4 a paper weight?
Any M919 modem. MKL is the newest.
Donations Accepted here

Don't change your wants or where you want to be just because the other has.

pahick
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by abovenbeyond View Post

Glad someone asked that. I looked for a few hours last night and came up empty(been working an off shift so I might have missed it). I am on 4.2.2 MDL and signal is definitely much weaker than my Active on 4.3 . Has anyone compared modems to see which are better?

lordcheeto03
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahick View Post
Glad someone asked that. I looked for a few hours last night and came up empty(been working an off shift so I might have missed it). I am on 4.2.2 MDL and signal is definitely much weaker than my Active on 4.3 . Has anyone compared modems to see which are better?
I can provide anecdotal evidence but nothing real...

MK2 is better.

Also, as for which modem to flash; T-Mobile's MK2 would be the one to flash. I've read you can flash other carrier's modems as long as they are the same version, i.e. AT&T MK2 or T-Mobile MK2... but that just doesn't make sense to me and I wouldn't recommend it. The modem you flash is independent of who your carrier is; you go by what brand of phone you have. If you have the M919 then you flash T-Mobile firmwares/modems/etc regardless of which carrier your bill comes from.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]