Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

hboot & recovery stucks

OP kamilmirza

12th February 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #1  
kamilmirza's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 308
 
1,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
greetings

i have some weird problem on m7_u
sometimes when i restart my device it stays on bootsplash for considerable amount of time and sometimes it sticks there and i have to press POWER button until button backlight blinks and then it goes into boot or recovery
this happens in TWRP too, it stays on TWRP logo and i have to press POWER button to until buttons blink, and also when i flash something it stays on some parts like "formatting system" or "updating partitions" and again have to press POWER
this has happened earlier but now i'm facing it frequently
this is getting me worried
i'm using crushalots' dark bootloader, is it because of dark bootloader?
using TWRP 2.6.3.4 (2.6.3.3 doesn't suit me, screen goes blank occasionally)
what should i do?
should i update my hboot to 1.55 or 1.56?

my modelid is the same, my CID was HTC__J15
getvar all
C:\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.8
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: FA35
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4273mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-5d4c562c
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.082s
12th February 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 97
 
614 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

greetings

i have some weird problem on m7_u
sometimes when i restart my device it stays on bootsplash for considerable amount of time and sometimes it sticks there and i have to press POWER button until button backlight blinks and then it goes into boot or recovery
this happens in TWRP too, it stays on TWRP logo and i have to press POWER button to until buttons blink, and also when i flash something it stays on some parts like "formatting system" or "updating partitions" and again have to press POWER
this has happened earlier but now i'm facing it frequently
this is getting me worried
i'm using crushalots' dark bootloader, is it because of dark bootloader?
using TWRP 2.6.3.4 (2.6.3.3 doesn't suit me, screen goes blank occasionally)
what should i do?
should i update my hboot to 1.55 or 1.56?

my modelid is the same, my CID was HTC__J15
getvar all

C:\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.8
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: FA35
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4273mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-5d4c562c
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.082s

Try with normal bootloader ( the white one :P )
12th February 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 443
 
1,801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Start fresh.. Run the last available RUU, and see if the problem happens unmodified?
12th February 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #4  
LibertyMarine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 147
 
457 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

greetings

i have some weird problem on m7_u
sometimes when i restart my device it stays on bootsplash for considerable amount of time and sometimes it sticks there and i have to press POWER button until button backlight blinks and then it goes into boot or recovery
this happens in TWRP too, it stays on TWRP logo and i have to press POWER button to until buttons blink, and also when i flash something it stays on some parts like "formatting system" or "updating partitions" and again have to press POWER
this has happened earlier but now i'm facing it frequently
this is getting me worried
i'm using crushalots' dark bootloader, is it because of dark bootloader?
using TWRP 2.6.3.4 (2.6.3.3 doesn't suit me, screen goes blank occasionally)
what should i do?
should i update my hboot to 1.55 or 1.56?

my modelid is the same, my CID was HTC__J15
getvar all

C:\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.8
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: FA35
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4273mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-5d4c562c
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.082s

I think because of the unknown cause of this problem.. troubleshoot...

try a stock RUU as the other user suggested... I used this troubleshooting once too and I had to realize that I had a hardware issuse...

I was almost the same problem as yours..
So try RUU if problems persists, go back to stock and send it in for warranty... sorry.. there's no other possibility

if problem isn't there, start modifying part for part of your software... and so you can find out what causes this issuse. then just replace it with stock software.. and the problem should be gone..

here you can really only troubleshoot...
12th February 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #5  
kamilmirza's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 308
 
1,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine

I think because of the unknown cause of this problem.. troubleshoot...

try a stock RUU as the other user suggested... I used this troubleshooting once too and I had to realize that I had a hardware issuse...

I was almost the same problem as yours..
So try RUU if problems persists, go back to stock and send it in for warranty... sorry.. there's no other possibility

if problem isn't there, start modifying part for part of your software... and so you can find out what causes this issuse. then just replace it with stock software.. and the problem should be gone..

here you can really only troubleshoot...

well i have already change my bootloader to white (original) with hboot 1.56
and let's see how it goes; yeah i'll hit and trial
can't send it to warranty plus i'm a victim of purple tint
12th February 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #6  
LibertyMarine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 147
 
457 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

well i have already change my bootloader to white (original) with hboot 1.56
and let's see how it goes; yeah i'll hit and trial
can't send it to warranty plus i'm a victim of purple tint

why not ?

yeah was one twice..
12th February 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #7  
kamilmirza's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 308
 
1,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine

why not ?

yeah was one twice..

no warranty service available for my country, Pakistan
can't live without my phone for a month or so
12th February 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #8  
LibertyMarine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 147
 
457 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

no warranty service available for my country, Pakistan
can't live without my phone for a month or so

oh, I'm sorry... hope it isn't a hardware issue !

The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes