Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will Kit Kat work on my TF300T

Tip us?

TheBlack75
Old
Thanks Meter 1
have any custom rom like cyano or omnirom the hardware acceleration implemented?

with cromix any THD app or movie player application use hardware GPU, instead with other THD app does not work and movie player application work only in software mode using CPU only.

the lemming
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDias View Post
You have a lot to choose, but if you want a rock solid rom with no bugs and a lot faster than stock, go for CROMi-X. It's a 4.2.1 rom based on stock but you will see a lot of improvement. For what I know KitKat roms are still very buggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlack75 View Post
have any custom rom like cyano or omnirom the hardware acceleration implemented?

with cromix any THD app or movie player application use hardware GPU, instead with other THD app does not work and movie player application work only in software mode using CPU only.

Bit confused here, does this mean that if I do a custom ROM then I will lose an important feature of my Tablet for watching media, either on it or projected onto a TV through a HDMI cable?

TheBlack75
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the lemming View Post
Bit confused here, does this mean that if I do a custom ROM then I will lose an important feature of my Tablet for watching media, either on it or projected onto a TV through a HDMI cable?
Last week i tried the nightly of omnirom and cyanogen 11, they are fastest, but I found an important feature missed.

I tried DICE player to view an .avi and I had a force close, then I tried Sonic 4 Episode 2 THD and I had a force close...

then I discovered that any THD app did not work properly...

I assume that GPU HW acceleration does not work using AOSP rom ....

So I tried Cromi-X and I found again HW acceleration (it is based on official rom) and no lag

I hope that it is my problem with cyano or omni rom but no one answer to me

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlack75 View Post
Last week i tried the nightly of omnirom and cyanogen 11, they are fastest, but I found an important feature missed.

I tried DICE player to view an .avi and I had a force close, then I tried Sonic 4 Episode 2 THD and I had a force close...

then I discovered that any THD app did not work properly...

I assume that GPU HW acceleration does not work using AOSP rom ....

So I tried Cromi-X and I found again HW acceleration (it is based on official rom) and no lag

I hope that it is my problem with cyano or omni rom but no one answer to me
Yes, there are some HW acceleration problems with the latest nightlies.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by the lemming View Post
HDMI works for me on a custom AOSP CM11 ROM, but I'm on am older, more stable nightly.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE