Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Will Kit Kat work on my TF300T

11th February 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
have any custom rom like cyano or omnirom the hardware acceleration implemented?

with cromix any THD app or movie player application use hardware GPU, instead with other THD app does not work and movie player application work only in software mode using CPU only.
11th February 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDias

You have a lot to choose, but if you want a rock solid rom with no bugs and a lot faster than stock, go for CROMi-X. It's a 4.2.1 rom based on stock but you will see a lot of improvement. For what I know KitKat roms are still very buggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlack75

have any custom rom like cyano or omnirom the hardware acceleration implemented?

with cromix any THD app or movie player application use hardware GPU, instead with other THD app does not work and movie player application work only in software mode using CPU only.

Bit confused here, does this mean that if I do a custom ROM then I will lose an important feature of my Tablet for watching media, either on it or projected onto a TV through a HDMI cable?
11th February 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the lemming

Bit confused here, does this mean that if I do a custom ROM then I will lose an important feature of my Tablet for watching media, either on it or projected onto a TV through a HDMI cable?

Last week i tried the nightly of omnirom and cyanogen 11, they are fastest, but I found an important feature missed.

I tried DICE player to view an .avi and I had a force close, then I tried Sonic 4 Episode 2 THD and I had a force close...

then I discovered that any THD app did not work properly...

I assume that GPU HW acceleration does not work using AOSP rom ....

So I tried Cromi-X and I found again HW acceleration (it is based on official rom) and no lag

I hope that it is my problem with cyano or omni rom but no one answer to me
12th February 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 375

1,066 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlack75

Last week i tried the nightly of omnirom and cyanogen 11, they are fastest, but I found an important feature missed.

I tried DICE player to view an .avi and I had a force close, then I tried Sonic 4 Episode 2 THD and I had a force close...

then I discovered that any THD app did not work properly...

I assume that GPU HW acceleration does not work using AOSP rom ....

So I tried Cromi-X and I found again HW acceleration (it is based on official rom) and no lag

I hope that it is my problem with cyano or omni rom but no one answer to me

Yes, there are some HW acceleration problems with the latest nightlies.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by the lemming

HDMI works for me on a custom AOSP CM11 ROM, but I'm on am older, more stable nightly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Transformer TF300T Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank