Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 37,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T Possible Soft Brick?

Tip us?

Resistance225
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T Possible Soft Brick?

So, i decide to root my s3 because i wanted to do some cool stuff. I got odin, got the tar file and tried flashing it. For some reason it didn't work On odin it gave me a fail. I was in download mode too. So, when i turn on my s3 it is in odin mode but it says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." i did this in kies and when it was at like 99% it gives me an error.
so i tried flashing again in odin still fail, but i get on my s3 SV REV CHECK FAIL: Fused 2 > Binary 0. I have no clue what that means, So, i just want my phone to get working again i dont care about rooting anymore. JUST HELP ME FIX IT!!!!

BTW: I di root my Kindle Fire a while back so i thought I would have experience with this (i kind of do) but i guess I thought wrong.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Was your phone running a stock 4.3 AT&T ROM? What method did you use to try and root the phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Resistance225
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Was your phone running a stock 4.3 AT&T ROM? What method did you use to try and root the phone?
i think so and i tired using odin and i put the phone in download mode so i could flash the .tar file

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistance225 View Post
i think so and i tired using odin and i put the phone in download mode so i could flash the .tar file
Since your phone was running a stock 4.3 ROM, you can't use Odin to install a stock AT&T 4.3 ROM because it doesn't exist. There are leaked ROMs around that you could try flashing.

Alternatively, you could install a custom recovery and install a custom 4.4.2 ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Resistance225
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Since your phone was running a stock 4.3 ROM, you can't use Odin to install a stock AT&T 4.3 ROM because it doesn't exist. There are leaked ROMs around that you could try flashing.

Alternatively, you could install a custom recovery and install a custom 4.4.2 ROM.
I will try to do this! Thanks for helping me though, i will keep you updated.

Resistance225
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

I installed a recovery and guess what, it started working again! All my data was still there too! Thanks i really appreciate you taking the time to help me! I also was able to succsessfully root it by using the CF auto root .tar file. Once again, thanks a ton!

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistance225 View Post
I installed a recovery and guess what, it started working again! All my data was still there too! Thanks i really appreciate you taking the time to help me! I also was able to succsessfully root it by using the CF auto root .tar file. Once again, thanks a ton!
Glad you got it working. We're all here to help.