Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Signal Bar Issues

Tip us?

thefury8509
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Signal Bar Issues

Hello,

I have an AT&T HTC One. I put the developer rom on my phone because I wanted no carrier bloat, quicker updates etc. I'm having an issue where my signal info isn't accurate at all though. I only have 1 bar at all times, but I don't think that's accurate because my data speeds are very high and it doesn't really match up with what I see in Advanced Signal Status. I tried changing the "sku id" to "7" for AT&T instead of "6" in /system/customize/ACC/default.xml. It changed it to the AT&T icons and stuff up top but my signal stayed only at 2 or 3 bars no matter what, even when I had no coverage. I've also tried installing several different radio versions (including ones that I know worked from my previous rom). I'm not even sure what I'm seeing in my signal apps are correct either... does anybody have any ideas about what could be up here? I attached a file showing my signal status and my bars.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-11-18-43-35.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	2574193  

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 943

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefury8509 View Post
Hello,

I have an AT&T HTC One. I put the developer rom on my phone because I wanted no carrier bloat, quicker updates etc. I'm having an issue where my signal info isn't accurate at all though. I only have 1 bar at all times, but I don't think that's accurate because my data speeds are very high and it doesn't really match up with what I see in Advanced Signal Status. I tried changing the "sku id" to "7" for AT&T instead of "6" in /system/customize/ACC/default.xml. It changed it to the AT&T icons and stuff up top but my signal stayed only at 2 or 3 bars no matter what, even when I had no coverage. I've also tried installing several different radio versions (including ones that I know worked from my previous rom). I'm not even sure what I'm seeing in my signal apps are correct either... does anybody have any ideas about what could be up here? I attached a file showing my signal status and my bars.

Thanks in advance!
looks like your device is set to ''LTE Only'' and that is why you are having this issue. GSM signal strength should not be ''n/a''.
Dial *#*#4636#*#* select phone info and make syre preferred network type is set to ''GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto''
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

thefury8509
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
looks like your device is set to ''LTE Only'' and that is why you are having this issue. GSM signal strength should not be ''n/a''.
Dial *#*#4636#*#* select phone info and make syre preferred network type is set to ''GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto''
I checked and it's already set for GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto. If I set it to GSM only I get full bars but as soon as I set it back I get only one.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 943

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I checked and it's already set for GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto. If I set it to GSM only I get full bars but as soon as I set it back I get only one.
I know there is others pple with the same issue, you might want to check here. Maybe worth trying other sku id

thefury8509
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
I know there is others pple with the same issue, you might want to check here. Maybe worth trying other sku id
I tried a lot of different sku_ids but it never made a difference. I may have figured out my issue though. I had my CID set to BS_US001 because I thought I had to to install the developer edition ROM. Once I set it to CWS__001 my signal seems to be more accurate, but I can't actually test it until later.

I have a question about my CID though. If I want to receive OTA updates for the dev edition, do I have to set it back to BS_US001, or can I leave it on the AT&T CID?

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 943

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I tried a lot of different sku_ids but it never made a difference. I may have figured out my issue though. I had my CID set to BS_US001 because I thought I had to to install the developer edition ROM. Once I set it to CWS__001 my signal seems to be more accurate, but I can't actually test it until later.

I have a question about my CID though. If I want to receive OTA updates for the dev edition, do I have to set it back to BS_US001, or can I leave it on the AT&T CID?
you cant install a different cid ota on your phone so be sure to install the ota that is made for your version with correct cid.

i.e if your software version is at&t, you can't update with a dev edition ota you must the at&t update.

Vixa
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It show the data signal strengh , i don't know why they did this stupid feature :S