Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

[Q] Signal Bar Issues

OP thefury8509

12th February 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello,

I have an AT&T HTC One. I put the developer rom on my phone because I wanted no carrier bloat, quicker updates etc. I'm having an issue where my signal info isn't accurate at all though. I only have 1 bar at all times, but I don't think that's accurate because my data speeds are very high and it doesn't really match up with what I see in Advanced Signal Status. I tried changing the "sku id" to "7" for AT&T instead of "6" in /system/customize/ACC/default.xml. It changed it to the AT&T icons and stuff up top but my signal stayed only at 2 or 3 bars no matter what, even when I had no coverage. I've also tried installing several different radio versions (including ones that I know worked from my previous rom). I'm not even sure what I'm seeing in my signal apps are correct either... does anybody have any ideas about what could be up here? I attached a file showing my signal status and my bars.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-11-18-43-35.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	2574193  
12th February 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,195

3,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefury8509

Hello,

I have an AT&T HTC One. I put the developer rom on my phone because I wanted no carrier bloat, quicker updates etc. I'm having an issue where my signal info isn't accurate at all though. I only have 1 bar at all times, but I don't think that's accurate because my data speeds are very high and it doesn't really match up with what I see in Advanced Signal Status. I tried changing the "sku id" to "7" for AT&T instead of "6" in /system/customize/ACC/default.xml. It changed it to the AT&T icons and stuff up top but my signal stayed only at 2 or 3 bars no matter what, even when I had no coverage. I've also tried installing several different radio versions (including ones that I know worked from my previous rom). I'm not even sure what I'm seeing in my signal apps are correct either... does anybody have any ideas about what could be up here? I attached a file showing my signal status and my bars.

Thanks in advance!

looks like your device is set to ''LTE Only'' and that is why you are having this issue. GSM signal strength should not be ''n/a''.
Dial *#*#4636#*#* select phone info and make syre preferred network type is set to ''GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto''
12th February 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

looks like your device is set to ''LTE Only'' and that is why you are having this issue. GSM signal strength should not be ''n/a''.
Dial *#*#4636#*#* select phone info and make syre preferred network type is set to ''GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto''

I checked and it's already set for GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto. If I set it to GSM only I get full bars but as soon as I set it back I get only one.
12th February 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal

3,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I checked and it's already set for GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto. If I set it to GSM only I get full bars but as soon as I set it back I get only one.

I know there is others pple with the same issue, you might want to check here. Maybe worth trying other sku id
12th February 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

I know there is others pple with the same issue, you might want to check here. Maybe worth trying other sku id

I tried a lot of different sku_ids but it never made a difference. I may have figured out my issue though. I had my CID set to BS_US001 because I thought I had to to install the developer edition ROM. Once I set it to CWS__001 my signal seems to be more accurate, but I can't actually test it until later.

I have a question about my CID though. If I want to receive OTA updates for the dev edition, do I have to set it back to BS_US001, or can I leave it on the AT&T CID?
12th February 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #6  
Flag Montreal

3,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried a lot of different sku_ids but it never made a difference. I may have figured out my issue though. I had my CID set to BS_US001 because I thought I had to to install the developer edition ROM. Once I set it to CWS__001 my signal seems to be more accurate, but I can't actually test it until later.

I have a question about my CID though. If I want to receive OTA updates for the dev edition, do I have to set it back to BS_US001, or can I leave it on the AT&T CID?

you cant install a different cid ota on your phone so be sure to install the ota that is made for your version with correct cid.

i.e if your software version is at&t, you can't update with a dev edition ota you must the at&t update.
12th February 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #7  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 16

94 posts
More
It show the data signal strengh , i don't know why they did this stupid feature :S

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread