XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem applying OTA update after rooting

Tip us?

euler.ramanujan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem applying OTA update after rooting

I am cureently on .532(downgraded to root and backup TA). The thing is I can't apply the OTA. I also tried to temporary unroot the device. I also didn't mess up with any of the system files. The only thing I did after flashing .532 was rooting. Although the update via pc works fine but I want to keep the root.

Thanks

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 469

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by euler.ramanujan View Post
I am cureently on .532(downgraded to root and backup TA). The thing is I can't apply the OTA. I also tried to temporary unroot the device. I also didn't mess up with any of the system files. The only thing I did after flashing .532 was rooting. Although the update via pc works fine but I want to keep the root.

Thanks
READ THE STICKIES

that said... now that you have backed up the TA the best thing to do is unlock the bootloader, then upgrade to .290 or .136 and flash recovery/kernel and re-root from recovery by flashing SuperSu
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

mathurmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:

Thanks
Is your bootloader unlocked if it is you have to lock it to apply ota the ota will download fine but you can't apply it unless you are on locked bootloader and if you are on locked bootloader you have to download root keeper app backup root reflash the .532 ftf or .290 whatever version you like the ota will apply just fine the download the app again and restore root.................
The Following User Says Thank You to mathurmatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

euler.ramanujan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
READ THE STICKIES

that said... now that you have backed up the TA the best thing to do is unlock the bootloader, then upgrade to .290 or .136 and flash recovery/kernel and re-root from recovery by flashing SuperSu
I did flash .290 and tried to root it after unlocking the bootloaded but I got stuck in bootloop. So, I went backup to the other .540 again to root it for meantime.

euler.ramanujan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurmatt View Post
Is your bootloader unlocked if it is you have to lock it to apply ota the ota will download fine but you can't apply it unless you are on locked bootloader and if you are on locked bootloader you have to download root keeper app backup root reflash the .532 ftf or .290 whatever version you like the ota will apply just fine the download the app again and restore root.................
My Bootloader is locked, and I did try to update exactly like what you said but it didn't work

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 469

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
My Bootloader is locked, and I did try to update exactly like what you said but it didn't work
To get root on .290 with a locked bootloader follow this guide once you have .532 rooted:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2612980

Then follow this guide to update to .136 (the latest FW):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631768
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]