Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wont connect to PC through USB

Tip us?

neodiver
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by japodude View Post
ibhave uk version and when i plug my phone to pc, it shows my one max and it also shows a cd drive and when i open it, it automatically installs drivers and htc sync. seems my one max has drivers and htc sync build in.
Yes, the One Max comes with HTCSync and necessary drivers. In a perfect world everything would install the first time you plug in your phone and all would be hunky dory. However... well we all know the reality of this game.
Sprint HTC One Max - ViperMax 2.0.0 - Android KK 4.4.2 - Sense 5.5 - FlyKernel 2.3 - Rooted - S-Off - Locked

jarared
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodiver View Post
Yes, the One Max comes with HTCSync and necessary drivers. In a perfect world everything would install the first time you plug in your phone and all would be hunky dory. However... well we all know the reality of this game.
Well today the phone shut off and will not turn back on. Plugging it into the wall charger does absolutely nothing so I finally decided to call HTC and just let them handle it. +thanks for the help neodiver

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarared View Post
Well today the phone shut off and will not turn back on. Plugging it into the wall charger does absolutely nothing so I finally decided to call HTC and just let them handle it. +thanks for the help neodiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
Hold both volume buttons with power button until back and home buttons lights flash. It will restart after that. Happened to me a few times.
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11

neodiver
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarared View Post
Anytime. You're probably better off calling early in the game before you're eyeballs deep. They can't break your balls for mucking around in your One Max's innards. Hopefully they'll swap you out and you can start over fresh!

Good Luck!
Sprint HTC One Max - ViperMax 2.0.0 - Android KK 4.4.2 - Sense 5.5 - FlyKernel 2.3 - Rooted - S-Off - Locked

jarared
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
Tried that. Tried both volume buttons, up, down, and all around lol.
HTC also told me to try holding the volume down then power for about 5 secs, then continue to only hold the volume button. Didn't work either.
Kinda crazy... has to be a mobo issue or something because the phone was still flawless.