XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Omate Truesmart "USB Device Not Recognized"

Tip us?

shadowninja23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Post Omate Truesmart "USB Device Not Recognized"

Hi everyone, so I have a 1GB/8GB Omate Truesmart that has been awesome. After having the Imperium Operative ROM on it and realizing the sensors were not working, I decided to try and revert back to the stock firmware. However, that's where the trouble started. My cradle wasn't working properly during the process and stopped in the middle of it, and now I can't even boot my watch on (unless there's some alternative way). On top of that, anytime I try to connect it to any of my USB ports, it keeps saying on my Windows 7 laptop that the USB device is not recognized, and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers again.

So, if anyone can please help me and guide me in "unbricking" the watch and just being able to have my laptop recognize it so I can actually do the stock firmware process, I'd be really grateful. Thanks a lot!

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 183
You used Sp flash tool correct? I'd suggest reading the unbricking guide first but answer these first:

What color was the progress bar when it stopped?
Have you tried a different port?
Have you pulled the battery yet?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

shadowninja23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Actually fixed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
You used Sp flash tool correct? I'd suggest reading the unbricking guide first but answer these first:

What color was the progress bar when it stopped?
Have you tried a different port?
Have you pulled the battery yet?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Hey kurunosan, so I did follow the unbricking guide exactly, but because my cradle is a little bit finicky (the microUSB has to be plugged into it in an exact position for it to be read by the laptop), it had messed up during the unbricking process and therefore, caused it to be "bricked". To answer your questions though, the color of the progress bar was yellow, I tried all the different ports around my laptop, as well as my work laptop. And I wasn't able to pull the battery because I haven't been able to unscrew the back yet (I blame those crazy small screws lol).

BUT, I was finally able to fix the drivers issue and my watch was recognized by my laptop finally. If I have time later in the next day or two, I'll try and make a guide about it if something like that happens to anyone. Or if anyone is curious or has had it happen to them, you can feel free to PM me.

I'm just glad that my TrueSmart is finally functional again!

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja23 View Post
Hey kurunosan, so I did follow the unbricking guide exactly, but because my cradle is a little bit finicky (the microUSB has to be plugged into it in an exact position for it to be read by the laptop), it had messed up during the unbricking process and therefore, caused it to be "bricked". To answer your questions though, the color of the progress bar was yellow, I tried all the different ports around my laptop, as well as my work laptop. And I wasn't able to pull the battery because I haven't been able to unscrew the back yet (I blame those crazy small screws lol).

BUT, I was finally able to fix the drivers issue and my watch was recognized by my laptop finally. If I have time later in the next day or two, I'll try and make a guide about it if something like that happens to anyone. Or if anyone is curious or has had it happen to them, you can feel free to PM me.

I'm just glad that my TrueSmart is finally functional again!
The good news for you is that because it was only yellow, your watch was just stuck in preloader mode and you hadn't fully bricked it.

If you disconnected it while the progress bar was purple, you'd be in some serious trouble.

I'm very familiar with preloader and it's such a pain in the ass when the drivers do gymnastics and switch ports or flat out don't work.

shadowninja23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Preloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
The good news for you is that because it was only yellow, your watch was just stuck in preloader mode and you hadn't fully bricked it.

If you disconnected it while the progress bar was purple, you'd be in some serious trouble.

I'm very familiar with preloader and it's such a pain in the ass when the drivers do gymnastics and switch ports or flat out don't work.

Oh gotcha, did not know that about the preloader. Well, good thing that was the only case then!

Beta_Tester666
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have had a similar experience with my Truesmart. I originally tried to apply Lokifish's Root + Enhanced Security patch. This unfortunately failed for some reason and resulted in me not having root or any USB functionaility.

So I went through the process of putting the watch back to stock. I followed the process to the letter, but something went wrong during the process and it ended up with SPTools giving up (looking at the logs it looks like it lost USB connectivity - attached). Now the watch seems to be bricked. I have attempted the process again but SPTools is not detecting anything.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated....I am a very sad bunny at the moment

I would prefer to not have to remove the battery (for obvious reasons), but will do if there is no other way round it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt QT_FLASH_TOOL.txt - [Click for QR Code] (31.4 KB, 18 views)

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta_Tester666 View Post
I have had a similar experience with my Truesmart. I originally tried to apply Lokifish's Root + Enhanced Security patch. This unfortunately failed for some reason and resulted in me not having root or any USB functionaility.

So I went through the process of putting the watch back to stock. I followed the process to the letter, but something went wrong during the process and it ended up with SPTools giving up (looking at the logs it looks like it lost USB connectivity - attached). Now the watch seems to be bricked. I have attempted the process again but SPTools is not detecting anything.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated....I am a very sad bunny at the moment

I would prefer to not have to remove the battery (for obvious reasons), but will do if there is no other way round it.
The patch will tell you if there's an error. It will show the command with the word "failed".

Regarding SPTools attempt to return to stock. In looking at the log it was continuously connecting and disconnecting which usually demotes either a driver,dock or USB issue. It is most likely in a bootloader mode but locked up. I suggest you leave the TS alone for a few hours or possibly overnight and attempt to flash it again.

Unfortunately you have given my very little to go on so other than general fixes there's not much I can tell you. In the future if you run into any issues flashing anything or running scripts it is best to post in that projects support thread and wait for help.

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 183
The log clearly shows multiple disconnects, probably because of a bad query. I suggest the same thing Loki did.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tags
not booting, not recognized, usb