Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 39,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

O2 Uk 4g

Tip us?

SpyderTracks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 579
Default O2 Uk 4g

Good evening good fellowes... I just wanted to post this and check it out with others...

Day before yesterday I got a text message from O2 saying they were sending an update for my APN's to connect to 4g. I'm on a 3g tarrif so thought nothing of it. Next day, there was a config update for network settings which I applied. Am on the road for a couple of days and noticed 4g popping up here and there with some pretty respectable speeds.

Phoned O2 who said they've upgraded me for free to 4g which lets face it is very unlike them! Anyone else had this? Have they done it for all customers?
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

JackHanAnLG
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I'm with EE and I asked them if they could switch over to a 4g sim and they said yes and then I got another 3g sim ._.

I'd just like to point out Im on a 24 month contract with an S3 and recently got a xperia z ultra

J

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Bongo2k
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Wow, just wow, I opted for the 4G bolt on and now they're giving it away for free...**** you O2