Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 44,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Brother's Inspire 4g won't get past white HTC Screen

Tip us?

Scozzar
Old
(Last edited by Scozzar; 9th February 2014 at 10:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331
Default Brother's Inspire 4g won't get past white HTC Screen

YES, to answer your question, I have used the search function, but seeing how things like this happen with people being irresponsible by flashing incompatible RUU's, I must ask differently.

So I had installed Taktik on my brother's Inspire 4G. He was running it without an issue since Taktiks Release 1 had been released, but this morning he called me to inform me that his phone won't get past the white HTC screen. He told me he turned the phone off and put it on the charger overnight like he usually does. When he went to turn it on the morning it would just hang at the white HTC screen and vibrate exactly 7 times before rebooting. He can get into bootloader, but he can't get into recovery because it will just hang at the white HTC screen there too. I was reading that this is more than likely a "corrupt bootloader" and I was wondering if it's salvageable.

The bootloader details are as follows:

UNLOCKED
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0030
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.17.14.11_M
eMMC-boot
Feb 20 2012, 16:03:18

I know it's an old phone (I am literally begging him to dump this phone for a while now) but he still wants it. How can I save this?

JJeamy
Old
(Last edited by JJeamy; 9th February 2014 at 09:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 134
what about if you try to installing a custom recovery (a different custom recovery) through fastboot..?, "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

if after installing a custom recovery...the recovery still can't accessed..
then maybe you must try to return your phone to the stock first with flashing a stock RUU..but don't forget to relocked your bootloader first "fastboot oem lock" before flashing a stock RUU..

hope this help..
press the button .. then you have proved that you really appreciate someone help

HTC Sensation XE Z715e >>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||ViperS 5.1.0 Sense 5 ROM
HTC Desire S>>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||MDDI Panel-Hopefully future development Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Y SCH-I509>>Stock
Blackberry Bellagio 9790>>Hybrid OS TheZoners_XHDTuning Series 7.1

Scozzar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeamy View Post
what about if you try to installing a custom recovery (a different custom recovery) through fastboot..?, "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

if after installing a custom recovery...the recovery still can't accessed..
then maybe you must try to return your phone to the stock first with flashing a stock RUU..but don't forget to relocked your bootloader first "fastboot oem lock" before flashing a stock RUU..

hope this help..
I mean, he had ext4 recovery forever. Don't know why attempting to flash a new recovery would help, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the prompt response

glevitan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1205

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scozzar View Post
I mean, he had ext4 recovery forever. Don't know why attempting to flash a new recovery would help, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the prompt response
If you still have access to the custom recovery, then try reflashing the rom with a clean flash. If that does not work, then relock the bootloader and then flash a RUU in fastboot.

If after flash successfully a rom the phone does not boot, then it seems that the mobo might be flaw.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator

Scozzar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
If you still have access to the custom recovery, then try reflashing the rom with a clean flash. If that does not work, then relock the bootloader and then flash a RUU in fastboot.

If after flash successfully a rom the phone does not boot, then it seems that the mobo might be flaw.
I wish I could say we could get into the recovery. I'm currently away at school so I'm basically telling you what my brother is telling me. He said he is unable to get into recovery. He can get into bootloader, but whenever he clicks on recovery, it just goes to the white HTC screen and vibrates 7 times, shuts off, then reboots

glevitan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1205

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scozzar View Post
I wish I could say we could get into the recovery. I'm currently away at school so I'm basically telling you what my brother is telling me. He said he is unable to get into recovery. He can get into bootloader, but whenever he clicks on recovery, it just goes to the white HTC screen and vibrates 7 times, shuts off, then reboots
umm....the vibrating and the rebooting sounds like a burned mobo to me....sorry about that.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator

Scozzar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
umm....the vibrating and the rebooting sounds like a burned mobo to me....sorry about that.
Hmmm bummer, but I'm not surprised. He got the phone in 2011 and the phone is still in surprisingly good condition. We've been telling him to get a new one forever, but 200 is a lot to spend on a phone (He's wants the HTC One). I'll break the news to him. Thankfully the sd card can be removed :P

iosif_tsankov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sounds stupid, but I would try another battery just in case like last resort.