5,604,292 Members 49,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Simplest way to update to 4.4.2

Tip us?

porksandwich9113
Old
(Last edited by porksandwich9113; 11th February 2014 at 10:51 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Simplest way to update to 4.4.2

I looked around question wise, didn't see much.

Anyways, I have a Sprint HTC One - last Summer while on 4.1.2 stock, I unlocked, installed a custom recovery, and rooted it.

I have not really bothered updating, but I decided to take the jump to 4.4. What is the easiest way of doing this?

Can I just download the 4.4.2 Zip to my internal memory, and flash from recovery?

Info:

Sprint HTC One
Android 4.1.2
S-On with the Disable System Write Protection installed.
TWRP 2.5.0.0

SkinnyBiggs
Old
Thanks Meter 8
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635051

That should be what you need. So far I don't know if you can flash kit kat firmware but prior firmwares you can.

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
"You are and will become your most dominant thoughts" Napoleon Hill

jziggy101
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by porksandwich9113 View Post
I looked around question wise, didn't see much.

Anyways, I have a Sprint HTC One - last Summer while on 4.1.2 stock, I unlocked, installed a custom recovery, and rooted it.

I have not really bothered updating, but I decided to take the jump to 4.4. What is the easiest way of doing this?

Can I just download the 4.4.2 Zip to my internal memory, and flash from recovery?

Info:

Sprint HTC One
Android 4.1.2
S-On with the Disable System Write Protection installed.
TWRP 2.5.0.0
Make sure your custom recovery is up to date before doing any rom flashing. There were some people that had problems when they tried to flash the 4.3 update on an older version of both CWM and TWRP. They had a problem where the custom recovery touch versions stopped responding to touch.

I just flashed the Bad Boys KK rom without installing a new firmware and everything has been great. But you might want to install at least the maintenance firmware update that came out a couple weeks ago as it fixed some PRL update issues. To flash the firmware you need to do that from a PC connected via usb to the HTC.

Good luck
Jim

HTC One - Rooted
Nook Color - rooted
Asus Transformer TF101