5,594,341 Members 38,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is this a light bleed problem?

Tip us?

deanproxy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is this a light bleed problem?

I just got my LG G Pad (GPE) yesterday. At normal operating brightness levels in daylight, it looks just fine. However, last night I was watching a movie in a dimly lit environment and had the brightness down a tad more. I noticed some odd pattern on the right side of my screen when in landscape mode. It happened only when there was a light or white background. I snapped a photo of it. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for the G Pad? Maybe I just have to keep the brightness up a tad more? Or should I return it for a new one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-12 00.17.05.jpg
Views:	8721
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	2575492  

deanproxy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I contacted Google. Once I sent them this photo, they said it was pretty abnormal so requested I send it back. Fortunately, they have a cool return policy where they send me the replacement before you send your defective one back, so I won't be without a tablet for a few days.

Viper888899
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanproxy View Post
I just got my LG G Pad (GPE) yesterday. At normal operating brightness levels in daylight, it looks just fine. However, last night I was watching a movie in a dimly lit environment and had the brightness down a tad more. I noticed some odd pattern on the right side of my screen when in landscape mode. It happened only when there was a light or white background. I snapped a photo of it. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for the G Pad? Maybe I just have to keep the brightness up a tad more? Or should I return it for a new one?
I have the exact same issue on mine, not too bothered with the issue. Did the replacement one has the same problem?

deanproxy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not sure yet. It will be here on Monday. I'll post a response when I get it to see if its better.