Stuck in bootloop, nothing seems to be working

Tip us?

ggoodman1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
This can be done on a Mac or Linux box as well, ADB is available for both, just substitute the appropriate filenames or commands for each OS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Sweet!! I'll look into it after I finish my homework

ggoodman1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets View Post
You can follow the instructions at htcdev.com if you haven't yet unlocked your bootloader. After following the instructions they provide for you, you can download http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1902381 and write it to the recovery partition via fastboot command. To finally flash it, make sure you're in the bootloader and you see "FASTBOOT USB". Hold the shift key and right-click, and click "Open command window here". Now place TWRP in the folder used to push the Unlock_code.bin (Contains fastboot.exe and is usually located at C:\Android or C\:fastboot) and type "fastboot flash recovery (name of recovery file).img. If you want, I can elaborate further.
So I finally got around to doing this, after buying a replacement phone off a guy on Craigslist, but I would still like to try and get this phone back up and running... I downloaded all the files and installed adb, etc. When I try to run the command, "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_2.6.3.0_Vigor_PH98IMG.zip" I get the following in the terminal:

sending 'recovery' (6323 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.464s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: image error! (BootMagic check fail))
finished. total time: 1.780s

Any other ideas??

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 345

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoodman1022 View Post
So I finally got around to doing this, after buying a replacement phone off a guy on Craigslist, but I would still like to try and get this phone back up and running... I downloaded all the files and installed adb, etc. When I try to run the command, "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_2.6.3.0_Vigor_PH98IMG.zip" I get the following in the terminal:

sending 'recovery' (6323 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.464s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: image error! (BootMagic check fail))
finished. total time: 1.780s

Any other ideas??
You don't flash the zip, extract the file and flash the recovery.img file.

Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk ROM Official)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (CarbonROM KitKat)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ggoodman1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
You don't flash the zip, extract the file and flash the recovery.img file.

got it. thanks! it said the recovery was successful, but it still gets stuck in the bootloop

It may be time to admit what I feared from the moment it hit the water...

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 345

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
got it. thanks! it said the recovery was successful, but it still gets stuck in the bootloop

It may be time to admit what I feared from the moment it hit the water...
Wipe, flash a ROM, and manually flash boot image... Other than that, could be toast.

Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

ggoodman1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Wipe, flash a ROM, and manually flash boot image... Other than that, could be toast.

Can it be a stock ROM, or would it have to be something like CyanogenMod?

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 345

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can it be a stock ROM, or would it have to be something like CyanogenMod?
I think its irrelevant at this point... Personally, I would use EclipticRez v9 or Tachyon as they are both rock solid ROMs. EclipticRez includes an Aroma installer script, so it might be a little easier (select S-ON and Lunar kernel).

ggoodman1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I think its irrelevant at this point... Personally, I would use EclipticRez v9 or Tachyon as they are both rock solid ROMs. EclipticRez includes an Aroma installer script, so it might be a little easier (select S-ON and Lunar kernel).

I actually found this thread earlier - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632629 and followed the instructions, it was giving me some trouble around step 10 and kept going back into the bootloop. Then I tried it for probably the 5th time and it finally worked!! So the phone is back to full function now. I've been out of the house for a few hours, but it worked before your last reply literally right before I walked out the door.

Thank you SOOOO SOOOO SOOOOO much for the advice both on this thread and on that one I mentioned above (since it was also your instructions there)
The Following User Says Thank You to ggoodman1022 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 345

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I actually found this thread earlier - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632629 and followed the instructions, it was giving me some trouble around step 10 and kept going back into the bootloop. Then I tried it for probably the 5th time and it finally worked!! So the phone is back to full function now. I've been out of the house for a few hours, but it worked before your last reply literally right before I walked out the door.

Thank you SOOOO SOOOO SOOOOO much for the advice both on this thread and on that one I mentioned above (since it was also your instructions there)
No prob... glad you got it working. Water damage is weird, hopefully it sticks!

ggoodman1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
No prob... glad you got it working. Water damage is weird, hopefully it sticks!
The [semi] good news is that I found one on Craigslist (same phone because I really like it) for just $60 a couple days after I got fed up with using the OG Incredible. And the guy had 2 extra batteries, a case, and ghost armor on the screen as well. So now I have the original Rezound and the spare.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggoodman1022 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]