Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,111 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting Help!

Tip us?

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by nty123 View Post
could anyone reply and inform me if kingo root does work?
It will not work because it only works for devices up to 4.3. The one is a suppoerted device except for what I just mentioned.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to disconnecktie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dele21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by selayan View Post
You are on 4.4.2 stock locked. The temp root method was patched with the ota. That's what the last few lines mean there. It can't acces those files to write.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
... Looks like I'm in the same boat as nty123. I'm getting the same error messages while attempting to gain temp root. I'm running stock/locked 4.4.2 on a VZW HTC One. Has anyone heard/seen any possible exploits to bypass this, or am I SOL for the time being? Thanks.

nty123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dele21 View Post
... Looks like I'm in the same boat as nty123. I'm getting the same error messages while attempting to gain temp root. I'm running stock/locked 4.4.2 on a VZW HTC One. Has anyone heard/seen any possible exploits to bypass this, or am I SOL for the time being? Thanks.
Looks like you and me are stuck on stock 4.4.2 until a method comes out, as far as i know right now no method has been released yet, let's hope we see one soon!