[Q] Wifi not turning on after trying to update to omega kitkat

13th February 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Im using samsung galaxy s4 i9505 on 4.2.2 rooted
I tried to follow instructions on this site (google search "Galaxy S4 I9505 Gets Android 4.4.2 XXUFNA5 KitKat via Omega ROM" and choose the first link from ibtimes since i cannot post a direct link as a new member) to update to omega kitkat rom. in the site the first few steps instruct to download boot loader and modem and then flash it to my mobile after flashing and rebooting I got the message "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" in red and a sub message "set warranty bit: kernel" in yellow during the boot. Once my phone was rebooted I was unable to turn on the wifi. When i try to press the wifi in the notification panel it simply doesn't turn green and stays grey. Long press on the wifi and then manually turning it on also does not help it simply says wifi turning on but does nothing.

1) Did this happen because I flashed those bootloader and modem files? how can I fix this problem? please help (I have tried restoring many many times from my nandroid backup and even tried factory reset with wipe from recovery)

2) Other problems I'm having is in download mode my kernel shows 0x1 so did this also happen because of flashing those files? any fix?

3) Under settings my baseband version is also showing unknown after all this occurred.. why could this be?

P.S. I had performed a nandroid backup initially when i had a clockWorkmod recovery version 6.0.3 of course when i performed the backup my system was perfectly fine without the kernel message during boot. then i installed the philz touch 6.0.4.6 custom recovery as per the instructions on the website above and used that to install the kitkat omega rom after the reboot it got stuck on a boot loop so I had to do a restore from recovery. All my settings/data/apps were restored but the kernel message was still there during the boot and my wifi stopped working.
Last edited by Android2702; 13th February 2014 at 06:42 AM. Reason: misspelled
13th February 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

75 posts
[QUOTE=Android2702;50282077]Im using samsung galaxy s4 i9505 on 4.2.2 rooted
I tried to follow instructions on this site (google search "Galaxy S4 I9505 Gets Android 4.4.2 XXUFNA5 KitKat via Omega ROM" and choose the first link from ibtimes since i cannot post a direct link as a new member) to update to omega kitkat rom. in the site the first few steps instruct to download boot loader and modem and then flash it to my mobile after flashing and rebooting I got the message "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" in red and a sub message "set warranty bit: kernel" in yellow during the boot. Once my phone was rebooted I was unable to turn on the wifi. When i try to press the wifi in the notification panel it simply doesn't turn green and stays grey. Long press on the wifi and then manually turning it on also does not help it simply says wifi turning on but does nothing.

1) Did this happen because I flashed those bootloader and modem files? how can I fix this problem? please help (I have tried restoring many many times from my nandroid backup and even tried factory reset with wipe from recovery)

2) Other problems I'm having is in download mode my kernel shows 0x1 so did this also happen because of flashing those files? any fix?

3) Under settings my baseband version is also showing unknown after all this occurred.. why could this be?

P.S. I had performed a nandroid backup initially when i had a clockWorkmod recovery version 6.0.3 of course when i performed the backup my system was perfectly fine without the kernel message during boot. then i installed the philz touch 6.0.4.6 custom recovery as per the instructions on the website above and used that to install the kitkat omega rom after the reboot it got stuck on a boot loop so I had to do a restore from recovery. All my settings/data/apps were restored but the kernel message was still there during the boot and my wifi stopped working.[/QUOTE

i had the same problem as you thou i already had a kitkat rom on mine and after i done a update to a new version of the same rom my wifi wouldnt work. I spent 3 weeks trying different fixes to no avail and had to by a new board which cost me $200.

i really loved the kitkat Roms and are at the point now of wanting to know what steps i should take now to install and not end up where you are again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread