Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Autovoice (Tasker plugin) & 4.4.2 update

Tip us?

nuts77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Default Autovoice (Tasker plugin) & 4.4.2 update

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with Autovoice Continuous vocal recognition (a great tasker plugin, which basically makes your phone listening to you at all time - or at the times you want if you're concerned about battery usage) since I updated to KitKat a few days ago.
I finally got it to work (activating Google Voice Search in Keyboard & Language settings, which took me almost one hour to find out!) but now, when Autovoice continous is enabled, I hear the google voice search beep "notification" every 5 seconds... Which is a bit annoying

Just wondering if anyone using autovoice has had the same issue (and better, how to solve it!)

Thanks

[HTC One M8] [HBOOT 1.53.0000 | Sunshine S-OFF | 1.54.401.10] [ARHD 8.1 with HK audio mod]

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 923

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts77 View Post
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with Autovoice Continuous vocal recognition (a great tasker plugin, which basically makes your phone listening to you at all time - or at the times you want if you're concerned about battery usage) since I updated to KitKat a few days ago.
I finally got it to work (activating Google Voice Search in Keyboard & Language settings, which took me almost one hour to find out!) but now, when Autovoice continous is enabled, I hear the google voice search beep "notification" every 5 seconds... Which is a bit annoying

Just wondering if anyone using autovoice has had the same issue (and better, how to solve it!)

Thanks
It might help you: http://www.youtube.com/user/taskertutorials/videos
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akxak
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts77 View Post

I have/had the same issue and it took me some time to dig it down.

On my Note 10.1 2014 LTE it is caused by the latest update of Google search which I installed yesterday via PlayStore.

After reverting that (luckily my device is rooted and I use Titanium backup), the beep is gone.

So somehow, Google has introduced that and AutoVoice can (yet) not disable it.
HTC One (M8) (KOT49H, O2_206, InsertCoin M8 2.6.0 | 1.54.401.5 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 6)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (rooted, JB 4.3, XUAMJ9)

nuts77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by akxak View Post
I have/had the same issue and it took me some time to dig it down.

On my Note 10.1 2014 LTE it is caused by the latest update of Google search which I installed yesterday via PlayStore.

After reverting that (luckily my device is rooted and I use Titanium backup), the beep is gone.

So somehow, Google has introduced that and AutoVoice can (yet) not disable it.
Yes, solved it by reverting to an older version of google search as well and there is no other way around yet.
The problem is that in the latest versions of GS, the "beep" notification sound is pushed through the media sound channel instead of the notification one (which autovoice is muting and unmuting, since continuous mode is basically just a voice search triggered every 5 seconds).

[HTC One M8] [HBOOT 1.53.0000 | Sunshine S-OFF | 1.54.401.10] [ARHD 8.1 with HK audio mod]

Androloid
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the same problem. Currently, there is no other solution then reverting google search to previous version. Hopefully next autovoice update will solve this issue.

akxak
Old
Thanks Meter 37
There is already an update.

Unfortunately, the change of google in the search function (together with the update) causes parallel running apps using the speakers to be muted every 5 secs for a moment. That is anoying (eg. Internet radio).
HTC One (M8) (KOT49H, O2_206, InsertCoin M8 2.6.0 | 1.54.401.5 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 6)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (rooted, JB 4.3, XUAMJ9)
The Following User Says Thank You to akxak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Androloid
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yes, there is new version, I was using an old one. It's all good now.

Послато са LG-D802