5,595,918 Members 31,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] messed up good this time

Tip us?

gec
Old
(Last edited by malybru; 13th February 2014 at 12:00 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] messed up good this time

hi all. need help

i've been playing with different roms for couple of years now on different phones and did not have any problems.
till now that is ....

i have installed Omega 21.1, but from time to time phone would lose gsm data connection so i decided to flash something else.
installed [ROM]KOT49H【4.4.2】AOSP official Google Edition and it was good.
for some, God knows what reason, wanted to try Omega19 (4.3). installed fine but sound was broken. when ever phone used any kind of sound it would start flashing or would freeze or something. Flasing any other rom did not help. and for some reason it does not let me change modem with odin.

Last modem i have installed is XXUEMJ5.

tried to do restore using [GUIDE] Unroot/Unbrick, Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 & I9505 but Odin would fail with Auth error

tried with Odin 3.47, and 3.07

now i still can install rom but stops in logo loop. tried both Omega and google edition.

pls help

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9224

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec View Post
hi all. need help

i've been playing with different roms for couple of years now on different phones and did not have any problems.
till now that is ....

i have installed Omega 21.1, but from time to time phone would lose gsm data connection so i decided to flash something else.
installed [ROM]KOT49H【4.4.2】AOSP official Google Edition and it was good.
for some, God knows what reason, wanted to try Omega19 (4.3). installed fine but sound was broken. when ever phone used any kind of sound it would start flashing or would freeze or something. Flasing any other rom did not help. and for some reason it does not let me change modem with odin.

Last modem i have installed is XXUEMJ5.

tried to do restore using [GUIDE] Unroot/Unbrick, Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 & I9505 but Odin would fail with Auth error

tried with Odin 3.47, and 3.07

now i still can install rom but stops in logo loop. tried both Omega and google edition.

pls help
Hi,

Once you have installed a TW 4.4.2 ROM , it installs the latest knox bootloader.
At that point , you cannot downgrade your firmware.
You said you installed [ROM]KOT49H【4.4.2】AOSP official Google Edition and it was good.
Your best bet is to re-install that.

As for the modem , there is a technique which you have to try:
Look HERE

That should help.

BTW , I edited your title
The Following User Says Thank You to malybru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thx. will try that and report back.

gec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
nope, still stuck @ logo loop

not sure what more combination to test

gec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
tried Omega 21.1 with
Bootloader -> BL_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5 and
Modems -> CP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5
but now it does not get to the logo. shows samsung logo and than screen goes blank.

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9224

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
tried Omega 21.1 with
Bootloader -> BL_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5 and
but now it does not get to the logo. shows samsung logo and than screen goes blank.
Hi,

Did you try the GE ROM?

The Following User Says Thank You to malybru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
tried Omega 21.1 with
Try to reFlash those Files with Odin then Boot into TWRP mode and Do a full wipe and Install Omega (Inside Omega file there's Fullwipe , Click that and Setup the apps you need) then reboot .Make sure that You have a TWRP recovery^

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by malybru View Post
Hi,

Did you try the GE ROM?

nope. cant find anything with that name. could you link it please?

gec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Try to reFlash those Files with Odin then Boot into TWRP mode and Do a full wipe and Install Omega (Inside Omega file there's Fullwipe , Click that and Setup the apps you need) then reboot .Make sure that You have a TWRP recovery^
thx.

tried it. no success after samsung logo just goes black.

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9224

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
nope. cant find anything with that name. could you link it please?
Hi,

You said you tried the [ROM]KOT49H【4.4.2】AOSP official Google Edition ,and it worked .
So I figured to try and re-install that one.

The other thing you must do between flashing different ROMS is a full wipe (Cache and data)