5,598,779 Members 34,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem problem problem!

Tip us?

ash5618
Old
(Last edited by ash5618; 13th February 2014 at 08:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Database [Q] Problem problem problem!

I wanted to flash over clock kernel on my cm 11 i opned ukf but it showed device not supported is there some other way to flash the kernel? any help would be appreciated thanx in advance.

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 2760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash5618 View Post
I wanted to flash over clock kernel on my cm 11 i opned ukf but it showed device not supported is there some other way to flash the kernel? any help would be supported thanx in advance.
I am on AOSP 4.4, and I can use UKF. On what CM11 are you?

ash5618
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
I am on AOSP 4.4, and I can use UKF. On what CM11 are you?
i am on cm 11 by maclaw. i even tried using ukf on liquidsmooth it still showed not supported

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 2760
Quote:
i am on cm 11 by maclaw. i even tried using ukf on liquidsmooth it still showed not supported
You can't even browse for kernel or?

ash5618
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
You can't even browse for kernel or?
no i cant do nything.whenever i open the app it shows not supprtd and i cant do nything

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 2760
Quote:
no i cant do nything.whenever i open the app it shows not supprtd and i cant do nything
Why don't you ask Frapeti on his thread? He made that app. To see what is the problem.

ash5618
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Why don't you ask Frapeti on his thread? He made that app. To see what is the problem.
can i flash the kernel using odin?

shut_down
Old
(Last edited by shut_down; 13th February 2014 at 09:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2760
Quote:
can i flash the kernel using odin?
Yes, if you make it Odin flashable. But I am not sure if it is possible on CM, I never did it.

You can use dd command in terminal emulator, but be very carefull. It is explained on CoCore thread I think.

P.S. There was some other app for PC to flash kernel. Look on our section, if I find it I will post you here.

Here it is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2119676

It does the same like you would in terminal emulator with dd command, and Universal Kernel flasher is doing the same. Just with GUI.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ash5618
Old
(Last edited by ash5618; 14th February 2014 at 09:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Yes, if you make it Odin flashable. But I am not sure if it is possible on CM, I never did it.

You can use dd command in terminal emulator, but be very carefull. It is explained on CoCore thread I think.

P.S. There was some other app for PC to flash kernel. Look on our section, if I find it I will post you here.

Here it is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2119676

It does the same like you would in terminal emulator with dd command, and Universal Kernel flasher is doing the same. Just with GUI.
i am currently away from my pc so is there any other way arnd for example can i replace the default boot.img which comes with the rom with the over clock version ( boot.img only) will it work? and i tried it through solid explorer but it cant replace the boot.img. any other file browser to replace it? thanx in advance

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 2760
Quote:
i am currently away from my pc so is there any other way arnd for example can i replace the default boot.img which comes with the rom with the over clock version ( boot.img only) will it work? and i tried it through solid explorer but it cant replace the boot.img. any other file browser to replace it? thanx in advance
Try with this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ti.ukflash2&hl