Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

[Q] Upgrading to Android 4.3 (N7100XXUEML6)

OP Bullay

10th February 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
More
Hi everyone... I tried looking for the answer to my question but didn't find any thread that covered the information for latest firmware (Samsung introduces something new everytime!).

So, I was using Pheonix ROM v17 with the MJ5 Bootloader, and then installed Android Revolution HD 20.1 (I don't know which BL I'm now using)!

I never flashed a stock rom using odin or through some other source below.

Now I want to flash the stock rooted and deodexed firmware. The OP doesn't tell anything specifically about a bootloader. We have to flash the rom through the recovery.

My question is, that if I install that rom via recovery, will my bootloader change? Will there be any recovery issues? Will I be able to re-flash other roms like the ARHD? Please tell me, because I am experiencing some serious issues with the battery and I hope that a clean stock install would fix this...

Any help would be highly appreciated!
10th February 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,643

2,740 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullay

Hi everyone... I tried looking for the answer to my question but didn't find any thread that covered the information for latest firmware (Samsung introduces something new everytime!).

So, I was using Pheonix ROM v17 with the MJ5 Bootloader, and then installed Android Revolution HD 20.1 (I don't know which BL I'm now using)!

I never flashed a stock rom using odin or through some other source below.

Now I want to flash the stock rooted and deodexed firmware. The OP doesn't tell anything specifically about a bootloader. We have to flash the rom through the recovery.

My question is, that if I install that rom via recovery, will my bootloader change? Will there be any recovery issues? Will I be able to re-flash other roms like the ARHD? Please tell me, because I am experiencing some serious issues with the battery and I hope that a clean stock install would fix this...

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Bootloader won't change irrespective of what which ROM you flash,i am using philz touch recovery ever since i was on 4.1.2 and now i am running 4.4.2 probam version and been on mj5 bootloader ever since i made the jump from 4.1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 209

1,070 posts
Recovery CAN NOT flash bootloader, so whatever you flash from recovery be assured that your bootloader will stay the same. The only way to flash bootloader is through ODIN or regular KIES/OTA update....
The Following User Says Thank You to dalanik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rawalpindi

20 posts
More
Thank you so much for the reply. I can finally flash in peace!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
11th February 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rawalpindi

20 posts
More
@dalanik but what if an official firmware update is released...? For e.g. If I'm prompted to install the NA1 Firmware, will my bootloader still get updated?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #6  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 209

1,070 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullay

@dalanik but what if an official firmware update is released...? For e.g. If I'm prompted to install the NA1 Firmware, will my bootloader still get updated?

If you are on STOCK, then yes, that would be through OTA or via KIES. But as I said - you would have to be STOCK in order to receive update.
12th February 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rawalpindi

20 posts
More
So, i just flashed this rom and im getting this error with the supersu...

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392201359229.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	2574903

Any suggestions?

13th February 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rawalpindi

20 posts
More
Alright so i solved the problem by re rooting with Dr. KETAN'S MultiTool.

Run the zip, and do nothing except root your phone...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread