XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No signal - Can't connect to network

Tip us?

Worbit Jiminage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy No signal - Can't connect to network

Hey guys I'm having a little problem with my GT-i9505. Problem being that I cannot get any reception on my device. It first occurred when I flashed a 4.3 rom over my 4.4.2 rom. I've tried switching to several different roms, both 4.3 and 4.4, yet none can fix the problem. I've tried to flash at least a dozen modem's in a bid to fix it. I searched for the modem suitable to my device and yet they still didn't work. I even tried to just install the official Samsung 4.4.2 rom via Odin, yet I'm still having the same problem. My baseband does change whenever I flash a new modem, but I still cant get a signal. When I try to search for a network in settings it lists the main carriers in the UK, but when I try to select mine (3 UK) it doesn't allow me to register, clicking select automatically yields the same results too. I've been searching for hours today on how to fix this, but just can't seem to find a method that helps. Any suggestions?

HANDSY
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Have you tried manually entering the APN settings for 3 UK?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

amasiam
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default How I repaired my S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worbit Jiminage View Post
Hey guys I'm having a little problem with my GT-i9505. Problem being that I cannot get any reception on my device. It first occurred when I flashed a 4.3 rom over my 4.4.2 rom. I've tried switching to several different roms, both 4.3 and 4.4, yet none can fix the problem. I've tried to flash at least a dozen modem's in a bid to fix it. I searched for the modem suitable to my device and yet they still didn't work. I even tried to just install the official Samsung 4.4.2 rom via Odin, yet I'm still having the same problem. My baseband does change whenever I flash a new modem, but I still cant get a signal. When I try to search for a network in settings it lists the main carriers in the UK, but when I try to select mine (3 UK) it doesn't allow me to register, clicking select automatically yields the same results too. I've been searching for hours today on how to fix this, but just can't seem to find a method that helps. Any suggestions?
Take your S4 to a repair shop. Use Phil,s recovery when you re-root, install Omega ROM or another Samsung based ROM and, using Philz Touch 6 recovery, make a copy of your EFS file so if / when it happens again you can reinstall Omega or whichever ROM you installed and, using Philz recovery, you can reinstall your EFS file.

To make the backup, reboot recovery - backup and restore - custom backup - x (only in efs backup) - start custom backup - choose where to put the backup.

I use Omega as a reference because I know it will not screw up your EFS file.

Worbit Jiminage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSY View Post
Have you tried manually entering the APN settings for 3 UK?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hi thanks but I've tried that already and it still doesn't seem to work :/

Worbit Jiminage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amasiam View Post
Take your S4 to a repair shop. Use Phil,s recovery when you re-root, install Omega ROM or another Samsung based ROM and, using Philz Touch 6 recovery, make a copy of your EFS file so if / when it happens again you can reinstall Omega or whichever ROM you installed and, using Philz recovery, you can reinstall your EFS file.

To make the backup, reboot recovery - backup and restore - custom backup - x (only in efs backup) - start custom backup - choose where to put the backup.

I use Omega as a reference because I know it will not screw up your EFS file.
Is there a way to fix this without having to spend anything? I literally can't afford to take it to a repair shop at this time

Worbit Jiminage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Also, my IMEI still shows as it should (corresponds with the IMEI on the back of my phone)

amasiam
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default New efs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worbit Jiminage View Post
Also, my IMEI still shows as it should (corresponds with the IMEI on the back of my phone)
I had the same problem with my i9500 after flashing a Slim rom Perhaps you can get a copy of an efs file from someone with the same phone and then put it on your phone, or get the information you need from your phone company.