5,595,000 Members 38,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Was using CWM then suddenly TWRP shows up...

Tip us?

kevinga
Old
(Last edited by kevinga; 10th February 2014 at 10:56 AM.) Reason: updated information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Was using CWM then suddenly TWRP shows up...

I have installed several roms on my infuse all the way up to Beanstalk 4.4.240. I decided to go back to Beanstalk 4.3 and have been there for a couple of days. I have made several CWM backups along the way and when I decided to use one of the backups I discovered that my phone was booting into TWRP recovery instead of CWM. Bummer....How do I get back to my CWM?

ROM manager seems to be no help. I have installed Recovery Tools but not sure how i need to use it (I see now that recovery tools is not compatible with the Infuse).

I really want to get back to my CWM recovery. Right now I am sitting on Beanstalk JB 4.3.1009 and TWRP Thanks! Kevin

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinga View Post
I have installed several roms on my infuse all the way up to Beanstalk 4.4.240. I decided to go back to Beanstalk 4.3 and have been there for a couple of days. I have made several CWM backups along the way and when I decided to use one of the backups I discovered that my phone was booting into TWRP recovery instead of CWM. Bummer....How do I get back to my CWM?

ROM manager seems to be no help. I have installed Recovery Tools but not sure how i need to use it (I see now that recovery tools is not compatible with the Infuse).

I really want to get back to my CWM recovery. Right now I am sitting on Beanstalk JB 4.3.1009 and TWRP Thanks! Kevin
Just re flash your CWM. Do you have the zip? Flash like any rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to captemo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kevinga
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo View Post
Just re flash your CWM. Do you have the zip? Flash like any rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
I tried flashing a couple of cwm zip files with the TWRP recovery but they failed. I ended up just reflashing another rom and then used the fresh cwm to restore one of the backups I had done.

I am new to this hobby and I have been rooting and flashing several phones and roms. Two S3's, two Infuses, a Captivate and an HTC Inspire and they all have had a few different roms installed. I have soft bricked a few times as well along with a couple of IMEI recoveries too. But, having TWRP show up for the first time was a new suprise and I became more confused when cwm would not flash from TWRP.

Thanks for the response!