Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Headset mic way too sensitive

Tip us?

academicbarzo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Headset mic way too sensitive

Hi All,

Got the Z1 last week about 9 dates ago as a replacement for a Samsung Galaxy S3. Generally liking it, though struggling to get used to the size of the handset. One major issue, though that I can't easily sort or find an answer to anywhere.

Basically, when I use a wired headset with inline mic for phone calls, the microphone is way too sensitive. It picks up every movement of the headphone cord, every rustle on my clothes, etc. Tried about 5 different headsets, including a dedicated Android one button Sennheiser headset. All the same. None of these proved a problem with

Anyone any ideas on what's causing it or how to fix it? Is there something simple I'm missing? It's making calls a painful experience.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Did these problems with those mics occur on your galaxy s3?

academicbarzo
Old
(Last edited by academicbarzo; 10th February 2014 at 11:06 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaosPerson View Post
Did these problems with those mics occur on your galaxy s3?

Nope. In one case, the headphones/headset goes back as far as an IPhone 4, so about three years ago. This is the first time I've had the issue with any of them.

academicbarzo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smajor View Post
Check with your mic settings, after making settings then switch your phone and then switch it on. Perhaps this helps. Also check this issue by using hand free. well, samsung 3 is better than this

Tried that. No change. S3 better than this? In this respect only. V pleased to see the back of the S3, as it constantly had firmware issues, caused, no doubt. Random battery life issues (sometimes lasting a day, sometimes a few hours), crashes, screen redraw issues, glitchy music playback. I could go on.

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Check with your mic settings, after making settings then switch your phone and then switch it on. Perhaps this helps. Also check this issue by using hand free. well, samsung 3 is better than this
Woah galaxy s3 better then this? no way, i had one it was laggy in ui, because of it being ruined by touchwiz and also the fact it was an at&t variant so it had bloatware ontop of samsung bloatware lol

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Cool! well, I don't know about the bloat ware but in my home, most of us are crazy for samsung
oh okay, sounds like the where in the US just because it's an iPhone it's automatically better, I used to be like that defending iPhone until i tried the beauty of a GOOD android phone not a cheap one

academicbarzo
Old
(Last edited by academicbarzo; 11th February 2014 at 11:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

Oh dear. Wish I hadn't bothered posting here. Another fanboy fight. Look, whatever phone you own, hope you like it. My thanks to those posters who tried to answer my original query. Still searching for an answer.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by academicbarzo View Post
Oh dear. Wish I hadn't bothered posting here. Another fanboy fight. Look, whatever phone you own, hope you like it. My thanks to those posters who tried to answer my original query. Still searching for an answer.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Yeah sorry about that, we didn't answer your question
As for that mic issue it sounds very suspicious

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by academicbarzo View Post
I think with Root you can get work anything even the sensitivity of your microphone. It can be easy like edit build.prop that something more but I am sure the sensitivity can be managed. If I find something I will post.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4