Post Reply

[Q] Note 3 Proximity Sensor works even after the call!

OP sambhavmathur

13th February 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 4
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Whenever I make, receive or even check my balance(which had absolutely nothing to do with the sensor), after the call is over proximity sensor still works!
Gets pretty annoying some time Later, can't work, play games, watch movies just somehow hand comes in front of it and then Sensor detects it and black out the entire screen!
Please if someone knows anything about it, I desperately need their help! Thanks.
13th February 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #2  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,455
 
3,584 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Might sound silly, but have you enabled all your Samsung Air/Gesture commands etc? -- also Smart stay/Pause?

If so, disable them.
14th February 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 4
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

Might sound silly, but have you enabled all your Samsung Air/Gesture commands etc? -- also Smart stay/Pause?

If so, disable them.

I absolutely never enable them they're off since I got my phone but the sensor still continues to annoy me!
What should I do to stop it?
16th February 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 251
 
776 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
More
there are a few thread for proximity sensors problems... search and you will find some useful information.
but in short, there is probably some dust in front of the proximity sensor.

a temporary fix is to blow some air in the earpiece... but the problem will eventually come back.
I do this once a month.

The other thing you can do is disassemble your phone, clean the proximity sensor lens, maybe add some kind of protection to protect it from dust... and reassemble everything.
22nd February 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 4
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadigre

there are a few thread for proximity sensors problems... search and you will find some useful information.
but in short, there is probably some dust in front of the proximity sensor.

a temporary fix is to blow some air in the earpiece... but the problem will eventually come back.
I do this once a month.

The other thing you can do is disassemble your phone, clean the proximity sensor lens, maybe add some kind of protection to protect it from dust... and reassemble everything.

But how to disassemble the phone it must be a risky business!
23rd February 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 251
 
776 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhavmathur

But how to disassemble the phone it must be a risky business!

If you have the tools, is not very difficult...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2488031

Sent from my SM-N900 with Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #7  
FeralFire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
461 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhavmathur

Whenever I make, receive or even check my balance(which had absolutely nothing to do with the sensor), after the call is over proximity sensor still works!
Gets pretty annoying some time Later, can't work, play games, watch movies just somehow hand comes in front of it and then Sensor detects it and black out the entire screen!
Please if someone knows anything about it, I desperately need their help! Thanks.

Try going to Settings>General>Application manager>All>Phone and clearing data.
If that doesn't help, try doing a factory reset.
Failing that, try availing warranty, or if you are Knox 0x1, try another ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadigre

there are a few thread for proximity sensors problems... search and you will find some useful information.
but in short, there is probably some dust in front of the proximity sensor.

a temporary fix is to blow some air in the earpiece... but the problem will eventually come back.
I do this once a month.

The other thing you can do is disassemble your phone, clean the proximity sensor lens, maybe add some kind of protection to protect it from dust... and reassemble everything.



His problem seems to be a software issue and not a hardware one.
23rd February 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 251
 
776 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFire

Try going to Settings>General>Application manager>All>Phone and clearing data.
If that doesn't help, try doing a factory reset.
Failing that, try availing warranty, or if you are Knox 0x1, try another ROM.

His problem seems to be a software issue and not a hardware one.

I had the exact same problem with my device... and the problem is hardware (dust in front of the proximity sensor)...
I tried everything, including a factory reset, and the only thing that fix it (for now) is to blow some air in the earpiece.
Next step will be to disassemble and clean the sensor manually
6th March 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 4
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Question A New Development
Before when I call or receive a call from anybody the proximity sensor still worked and turned the screen off even after the call, but now my phone is acting even more weird!
After the call the headphone jack is also not working!
Desperately need assistance guys, pls help!
6th March 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #10  
alexpsilos's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 5
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Hello,a week ago my proximity sensor started making bizarre things.The screen stayed black after calls etc etc. I went to Samsung in Greece and they changed the sensor.I had the phone back after 4 days...4 difficult days because I am in love with my phone but now everything is working fine. I saw a lot of threads in forums about proximity sensor problems on this phone...too bad!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank