FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Note 2 very low reception issue after 4.3 upgrade

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By boyzvupro, Junior Member on 8th February 2014, 05:20 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have an international n7100

After upgraded to 4.3. I noticed a significant signal strength decreased

Now i cant receive 3g signal inside my house. When im on 4.1.2 it get full bar strength

I tried to downgrade to 4.1.2 stock and try several aosp based rom but it still the same as 4.3 stock

I tried flash different baseband. Still have the problem


Anyone have the same issue as mine??? Plz help me . Tks in adv

My friends have 4.1.2 gs3 and he didnt have the same problem as mine. May be the bootloader involved here. I dont know


//sorry for my bad english
 
 
8th February 2014, 10:02 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
try a modem for your country http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044937
The Following User Says Thank You to qtr4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 10:24 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtr4

try a modem for your country http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044937

I tried all modem in that topic but signal still bad

The problem is i cant downgrade to the "old" 4.1.2 baseband. Only some 4.1.2 new baseband works
Last edited by boyzvupro; 8th February 2014 at 10:34 AM.
8th February 2014, 04:47 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Exclamation
Was on official stock Nordic 4.1.2 ROM, flashed Faria's deknoxed international 4.3 ROM & got exactly the same result as you.
Followed the roll back procedure in his description, reflashed original Nordic stock 4.1.2 again, & reception is back to normal.
No doubt it's the modem that's causing the decrease in reception. Thank God it's not irreversible.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Televinken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 06:03 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Televinken

Was on official stock Nordic 4.1.2 ROM, flashed Faria's deknoxed international 4.3 ROM & got exactly the same result as you.
Followed the roll back procedure in his description, reflashed original Nordic stock 4.1.2 again, & reception is back to normal.
No doubt it's the modem that's causing the decrease in reception. Thank God it's not irreversible.....

Can you tell me baseband version and rom version???


Im currently on ddemj9 modem and Xxueml6 rom
8th February 2014, 09:54 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Thumbs up
Here you go. It's the downgrade ROM (by Faria) that I used:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...=3117&task=get

After successful flashing of the above ROM, flash your country/area's
official 4.1.2 ROM, and you're done. You will need to wipe the device
before flashing Faria's downgrade ROM. This worked on my phone.

The Nordic ROM that I flashed after using Faria's downgrade ROM:
N7100XXDMG1_N7100OXXDMG1_N7100XXDMF1_HOME.tar
It's available through Sammobile, or similar.

Good luck, dude!
The Following User Says Thank You to Televinken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 12:17 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Televinken

Here you go. It's the downgrade ROM (by Faria) that I used:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...=3117&task=get

After successful flashing of the above ROM, flash your country/area's
official 4.1.2 ROM, and you're done. You will need to wipe the device
before flashing Faria's downgrade ROM. This worked on my phone.

The Nordic ROM that I flashed after using Faria's downgrade ROM:
N7100XXDMG1_N7100OXXDMG1_N7100XXDMF1_HOME.tar
It's available through Sammobile, or similar.

Good luck, dude!

I tried flash via odin PC but it keep showing "failed"
I flashed tar.md5 via mobile odin, it worked but the rom and the baseband still have signal problem like 4.3 roms


I dont know what to do next, tried many times and failed
9th February 2014, 03:28 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyzvupro

I tried flash via odin PC but it keep showing "failed"
I flashed tar.md5 via mobile odin, it worked but the rom and the baseband still have signal problem like 4.3 roms

Yes, you must flash the correct ROM for your country/area
after flashing Faria's one. Then you get the correct modem.
Get the appropriate ROM on your phone, & you'll be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Televinken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 12:52 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Televinken

Yes, you must flash the correct ROM for your country/area
after flashing Faria's one. Then you get the correct modem.
Get the appropriate ROM on your phone, & you'll be fine.

I tried but it still the same . Poor signal and my N2 now almost like a tablet )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes