Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I have a Nexus 5, but I am looking to replace it with a Note 3. is it worth it?

Tip us?

monkey hung
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default I have a Nexus 5, but I am looking to replace it with a Note 3. is it worth it?

I've had Nexus' my whole life and the one thing that attracts me about the Note 3 is the battery life. I wake up 5am and get home around 7pm and I use a LOT of screen time. Idk too much about the Note 3 but I'm hoping to get, at the most, 8 hours screen time from browsing the web, listening to music, and other little things.

What is your guys' experience with the Note 3? Is the development good? Battery life good? Was thinking of getting it and replacing it with an AOSP ROM.

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hung View Post
I've had Nexus' my whole life and the one thing that attracts me about the Note 3 is the battery life. I wake up 5am and get home around 7pm and I use a LOT of screen time. Idk too much about the Note 3 but I'm hoping to get, at the most, 8 hours screen time from browsing the web, listening to music, and other little things.

What is your guys' experience with the Note 3? Is the development good? Battery life good? Was thinking of getting it and replacing it with an AOSP ROM.
yeah tw sucks but with a aosp rom its great i have 100% battery at 7am go to work watch 4/5 youtube vids lots of web calls sms a few games and music on all day get home about 5pm and still have about 50% left
hope that helps

uf21
Old
Thanks Meter 23
The average is 6 hours screen on time.
God created turbo lag to give V8s a chance.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
yeah tw sucks but with a aosp rom its great i have 100% battery at 7am go to work watch 4/5 youtube vids lots of web calls sms a few games and music on all day get home about 5pm and still have about 50% left
hope that helps
Well TW doesn't suck, especially on KK, it's actually really smooth and works very very well.. but AOSP is better if you prefer a clean vanilla feel
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

dan.kels.r
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I'll get a new one from my carrier and trade it for a new nexus 5 if your want
And plus 1, tw sucks. Even on stock rom I run apex launcher
GNote3
Device:HTC One X|Tegra 3 Quadcore @ 1.5GHz |ULP GeForce @ 520MHz|
ROM: EndeavorX|3.17.401.2|Sense 4.5|Android 4.1.1
Kernel: XMisters #106 Hardcap, s2w, gaming rig
Recovery: TeamWin Recovery Project 4.1.10
HBOOT: 0.94.0000|***UNLOCKED***|ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL

iPWNtehNOOB
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I have a Nexus 5, and I purchased a Note 3 for $380AUD a few days ago with the intention of selling it on Ebay for $600. After playing around with it the last few days, my girlfriend has decided she wants to keep my Nexus 5, so I'll keep the Note 3. Honestly though, other than the bigger battery, it feels like a bit of a side-grade. That being said, I can get 6+ hours easily of SOT, with an hour or so of heavy gaming. If I was to just browse the web, check emails and listen to music, I'd get 7.5 to 8 hours. I love the feel, look and concept of the Nexus 5, so I really wanted to keep that, but the Note 3 is still pleasant to use. The longer battery life is certainly welcome. The size is a bit ridiculous though. I'm used to being able to operate my Nexus 5 one-handed, whereas that isn't possible with the Note 3. I'm not a small guy either. I'm 6'2 and have pretty large hands.

All in all, if you can get a Note 3 for the price that you could sell your Nexus 5, it might be worth it. I certainly wouldn't purchase one for any more than that though, as you'll find it offers diminishing returns for the cost.
Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Flo stock ROM and rooted
Nexus 5 "Stormtrooper" 32GB stock ROM/Franco Kernel and rooted

Motorola Xoom Z604 32GB running My Android 4.2.2 (Sold)
Galaxy Note N7000 16GB running SweetROM V9 (Given to Mum )
Huawei Ascend Mate 8GB stock ROM and rooted (Sold)
HTC Desire running SlimBean 4.1.1 (Unused)