Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Broke Band Galaxy Gear

OP banks2878

8th February 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ypsilanti,Mi
Thanks Meter: 7
 
103 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
I have the Galaxy Gear watch I could never get sound from it so messing with it for a few days I ended up breaking the band piece that attaches to the speaker/clip... the band with the camera on it is the one the came out of that peice. also I bought the watch from Amazon and when I received it everything was in original box but no paperwork what so ever and the tag displaying all the numbers (model, imei ect) that tag looks as if someone tried scraping it off, so I can't get the correct numbers so I can register with Samsung and try to have them fix it. is there anything I can do to fix this?? thanks
Last edited by banks2878; 8th February 2014 at 05:22 AM.
8th February 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks2878

I have the Galaxy Gear watch I could never get sound from it so messing with it for a few days I ended up breaking the band piece that attaches to the speaker/clip, the band with the camera on it is the one the came out of that peice. also I bought the watch grom Amazon and when I received it everything was in original box but no paperwork what so ever and the tag displaying all the numbers (model, imei suck) that tag looks are if someone tried scraping it off, so I can get the correct numbers so I can register with Samsung and try to have them fix it. is there anything I can do to fix this?? thanks

Oh dude! That sucks. I'll be monitoring this in case it happens to me. Again, condolences.
8th February 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #3  
gingerdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I sent mine back last week for warranty repair due to low sound volume, all Samsung customer services need is the serial number located in the settings/about gear on the actual watch itself. I got mine from eBay so had no paperwork but they were fine, took 4 working days from sending to get getting back a brand new watch. Great service.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
8th February 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ypsilanti,Mi
Thanks Meter: 7
 
103 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerdude

I sent mine back last week for warranty repair due to low sound volume, all Samsung customer services need is the serial number located in the settings/about gear on the actual watch itself. I got mine from eBay so had no paperwork but they were fine, took 4 working days from sending to get getting back a brand new watch. Great service.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

thanks so much im so happy to here that!! did u just call Samsung??
8th February 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #5  
gingerdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Yup I just called Samsung customer services here in the UK, just have the serial number ready and your all good. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
8th February 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 184
 
1,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
I'd like to know what is considered low volume?? I feel mine is...but I chalked it up to it being a watch. It's nowhere near as loud as a cellphone while taking a call or talking with S voice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
8th February 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 367
 
2,472 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick161

It's nowhere near as loud as a cellphone while taking a call or talking with S voice.

Of course it's not going to be as loud as your cell phone, but I have no problem answering and talking on mine while driving my truck (as long as I turn the stereo down first)
9th February 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ypsilanti,Mi
Thanks Meter: 7
 
103 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
I contacted Samsung today and after explaining my issue and having to pay $70 im going to send it to them to fix. also that gets me a year warranty on it.. im not excited about having to pay 70 for getting a watch I just paid almost 300 for fixed, but getting a fully functional watch back is my goal..
9th February 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 184
 
1,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks2878

I contacted Samsung today and after explaining my issue and having to pay $70 im going to send it to them to fix. also that gets me a year warranty on it.. im not excited about having to pay 70 for getting a watch I just paid almost 300 for fixed, but getting a fully functional watch back is my goal..

What is their reasoning for making you pay that. Was it an accidental/water damage? They can't make you pay if it's faulty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
13th February 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #10  
Skander1998's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 513
 
1,309 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick161

What is their reasoning for making you pay that. Was it an accidental/water damage? They can't make you pay if it's faulty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Probably the "I tried messing with it and it broke".
If you sent them the watch from the beginning you could've gotten free repair. Oh well.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes