Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Removal of Twitter Quick View from Notifications screen

Tip us?

Killerheels
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Removal of Twitter Quick View from Notifications screen

I would like to know if it's possible to load the Twitter QuickView app and not have it dormant on the notifications screen. I have uninstalled it but this remains. I'd like to remove it.

I prefer to use the native Twitter app on the phone as notifications can be viewed on the Gear and then deleted. Quickview takes ages to load and often doesn't even open.

Any suggestions?

ZachJohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerheels View Post
I would like to know if it's possible to load the Twitter QuickView app and not have it dormant on the notifications screen. I have uninstalled it but this remains. I'd like to remove it.

I prefer to use the native Twitter app on the phone as notifications can be viewed on the Gear and then deleted. Quickview takes ages to load and often doesn't even open.

Any suggestions?

I had the exact same problem with the facebook QuickView app - I uninstalled it and still it hung out in notifications. If you reset your Gear that'll take care of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZachJohnson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Killerheels
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachJohnson View Post
I had the exact same problem with the facebook QuickView app - I uninstalled it and still it hung out in notifications. If you reset your Gear that'll take care of it.
I was hoping that wasn't the answer but I will back up with Wondershare tonight and reset. Thank you!

ZachJohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerheels View Post
I was hoping that wasn't the answer but I will back up with Wondershare tonight and reset. Thank you!
Yeah, that wasn't my first choice either.

I have a folder with some notification sounds and apk's that I just adb to the watch, so restoring after a backup is fairly quick. I haven't used Wondershare, but I hear good things. Happy resetting!