No registration required

[Q] Not receiving calls after upgrade to android 4.4.2

OP Solvek

10th February 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
On my device I had installed cyanogenmod with android 4.3
It worked fine for me except not working outgoing sms and ussd requests, which was not very critical for me.
Last weekend it was upgraded to Cyanogen 11 (android 4.4.2) and after the upgrade I cannot receive calls, the caller can hear long bips but nothing happens on my side.
However now I can send sms and ussd request. The problem of not receiving calls is really critiacal
I have unloked GSM and using the phone in Ukraine, baseband version is L720VPUAMDC

Please help.
Last edited by Solvek; 10th February 2014 at 04:51 PM.
10th February 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 605

1,893 posts
More
I think you may need to update your baseband to use 4.4.2.
10th February 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350

I think you may need to update your baseband to use 4.4.2.

Thanks for your response. Not sure what you mean bu updating baseband but I just did update modem firmware, now my baseband version is L720VPUAMF9 although unfortunatelly incoming calls are still not working.

I still need a help,
10th February 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #4  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,742

8,462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solvek

Thanks for your response. Not sure what you mean bu updating baseband but I just did update modem firmware, now my baseband version is L720VPUAMF9 although unfortunatelly incoming calls are still not working.

I still need a help,

Baseband is the modem. Update it to MK2

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
10th February 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Baseband is the modem. Update it to MK2

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sorry for newby question. For updating to mf9 I used ODIN. Should I do the same thing to update to mk2? Where can I download the most recent mk2?

Thanks.
10th February 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Ok, I found mk2 modem update here.
I have updated it successfully and now my basband version is L720VPUEMK2 but the phone still does not receive incoming calls
12th February 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #7  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 457

441 posts
More
Quote:

Ok, I found mk2 modem update here.
I have updated it successfully and now my basband version is L720VPUEMK2 but the phone still does not receive incoming calls

If you are really having a difficult time making calls and it seems 4.4.2 related then you should probably restore your backup of the stock software that you made so you can update your profile and PRL after flashing a new modem. So to recap:

1.) Install stock MK2 software (preferably with root)
2.) Get through setup and go to phone settings and update Profile and PRL with the new modem
3.) Get your phone setup on stock software the way you want it in case 4.4.2 doesn't work on your device
4.) Create a nandroid of your stock setup in recovery
5.) Wipe your phone correctly by following the instructions in the first post of the 4.4.2 rom you want to use
6.) Flash rom
7.) Try calls/SMS again
8.) Find happiness?
13th February 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 45

600 posts
Donate to Me
More
Odd, I was on several CM11 nightlies with MDC with no issues receiving calls. (or it *did* actually update to MK2 but didn't show it in the "about phone" screen)

One thought: Did your phone wipe data when it updated? Could be something there is being screwy with incoming calls.
13th February 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfullmetal17

Odd, I was on several CM11 nightlies with MDC with no issues receiving calls. (or it *did* actually update to MK2 but didn't show it in the "about phone" screen)

One thought: Did your phone wipe data when it updated? Could be something there is being screwy with incoming calls.

Hi
Thank for your response.
Yes, I can see MK2 in about phone.

And yes, I did wipe.

Now I returned to clean CM10.2.1 and I am receiving incoming calls now, however (as before) I cannot send sms or ussd requests but this is less critical for me then not receivng calls so I decided to wait for cm11 with this problem fixed.
13th February 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 63

223 posts
Quote:

Hi
Thank for your response.
Yes, I can see MK2 in about phone.

And yes, I did wipe.

Now I returned to clean CM10.2.1 and I am receiving incoming calls now, however (as before) I cannot send sms or ussd requests but this is less critical for me then not receivng calls so I decided to wait for cm11 with this problem fixed.

Why wait for cm11?... Try slimkat RC3, pretty much bug free and with way many more features than CM11. I tried it because of the milestone 3 buzz, but went back to Slimkat after a day... By the way, my girl is on mf9 running Slimkat 4,4,2 with no problems at all.
Last edited by matraca; 13th February 2014 at 03:44 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread