FORUMS

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

at&t one xl wifi question

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By mally341, Member on 13th February 2014, 02:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
is the at&t one xl wifi range naturally low or is it just my own because i have an old samsung chat phone not a smart phone either and its wifi range is way stronger.
 
 
13th February 2014, 02:46 PM |#2  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,980
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mally341

is the at&t one xl wifi range naturally low or is it just my own because i have an old samsung chat phone not a smart phone either and its wifi range is way stronger.

Every phone is a bit different in regards to its WiFi range (as well as range of its other antennas like cell network for that matter). The HOX seems pretty comparable to past HTC devices I've owned.

Depending on whats software version your device is currently on, you might see a slight difference if you update it. But it won't be a drastic change. Might even get worse.
13th February 2014, 02:48 PM |#3  
Heisenberg's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 10,314
 
Donate to Me
More
I don't have any issues with WiFi range. The network in the attached screenshot is a house that's across the road from me and a couple of doors down.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 03:10 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Every phone is a bit different in regards to its WiFi range (as well as range of its other antennas like cell network for that matter). The HOX seems pretty comparable to past HTC devices I've owned.

Depending on whats software version your device is currently on, you might see a slight difference if you update it. But it won't be a drastic change. Might even get worse.

unlocked
evita pvt ship s-off rl
cid-11111111
hboot-2.15.0000
radio-1.31a.32.45.16.2
opendsp-v33.1.0.45.1128
emmc-boot
august 14 2013,16:02:22:-1
13th February 2014, 03:11 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

I don't have any issues with WiFi range. The network in the attached screenshot is a house that's across the road from me and a couple of doors down.

Sent from my Evita

wow really i cant even pick up next door wifi but all my other phones and laptop can strange.
13th February 2014, 04:34 PM |#6  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,980
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mally341

unlocked
evita pvt ship s-off rl
cid-11111111
hboot-2.15.0000
radio-1.31a.32.45.16.2
opendsp-v33.1.0.45.1128
emmc-boot
august 14 2013,16:02:22:-1

That just tells me your hboot and radio number, not what software version (ROM) your are on. The hboot and radio are very recent, so I can only guess that your ROM is, also. So I'm thinking outdated software is not the issue.

I also can often get multiple WiFi networks for neighbors houses. Suburban area, so the other homes aren't all that close. It could be you have a defective HOX, such as a broken WiFi antenna. But no real way to know that unless you can get ahold of another HOX and compare.
14th February 2014, 01:49 AM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

That just tells me your hboot and radio number, not what software version (ROM) your are on. The hboot and radio are very recent, so I can only guess that your ROM is, also. So I'm thinking outdated software is not the issue.

I also can often get multiple WiFi networks for neighbors houses. Suburban area, so the other homes aren't all that close. It could be you have a defective HOX, such as a broken WiFi antenna. But no real way to know that unless you can get ahold of another HOX and compare.

android version - 4.2.2
htc sence version 5.0
software number 5.08.111.2
htc sdk api level 5.41

my friend phones has a better wifi range he has the same type phone.
14th February 2014, 02:59 PM |#8  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,980
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mally341

android version - 4.2.2
htc sence version 5.0
software number 5.08.111.2
htc sdk api level 5.41

my friend phones has a better wifi range he has the same type phone.

Everything is very up to date, so I don't think that software is the issue (although the latest AT&T software and radio might make a slight difference).

I don't know what you mean by "same type phone", that is too vague to mean anything. Is it an AT&T One X (EVITA) or something else?
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 12:15 AM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Everything is very up to date, so I don't think that software is the issue (although the latest AT&T software and radio might make a slight difference).

I don't know what you mean by "same type phone", that is too vague to mean anything. Is it an AT&T One X (EVITA) or something else?


my phone and my friend phone are the same both at&t one x evita theres nothing different.ok i think ill try buy new parts wifi antenna and in call mic thanks guys
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes