Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 42,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

at&t one xl wifi question

Tip us?

mally341
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default at&t one xl wifi question

is the at&t one xl wifi range naturally low or is it just my own because i have an old samsung chat phone not a smart phone either and its wifi range is way stronger.

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2827
Quote:
Originally Posted by mally341 View Post
is the at&t one xl wifi range naturally low or is it just my own because i have an old samsung chat phone not a smart phone either and its wifi range is way stronger.
Every phone is a bit different in regards to its WiFi range (as well as range of its other antennas like cell network for that matter). The HOX seems pretty comparable to past HTC devices I've owned.

Depending on whats software version your device is currently on, you might see a slight difference if you update it. But it won't be a drastic change. Might even get worse.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5348

DONATE TO ME
I don't have any issues with WiFi range. The network in the attached screenshot is a house that's across the road from me and a couple of doors down.

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | CM11S | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mally341
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
Every phone is a bit different in regards to its WiFi range (as well as range of its other antennas like cell network for that matter). The HOX seems pretty comparable to past HTC devices I've owned.

Depending on whats software version your device is currently on, you might see a slight difference if you update it. But it won't be a drastic change. Might even get worse.
unlocked
evita pvt ship s-off rl
cid-11111111
hboot-2.15.0000
radio-1.31a.32.45.16.2
opendsp-v33.1.0.45.1128
emmc-boot
august 14 2013,16:02:22:-1

mally341
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
I don't have any issues with WiFi range. The network in the attached screenshot is a house that's across the road from me and a couple of doors down.

Sent from my Evita
wow really i cant even pick up next door wifi but all my other phones and laptop can strange.

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2827
Quote:
unlocked
evita pvt ship s-off rl
cid-11111111
hboot-2.15.0000
radio-1.31a.32.45.16.2
opendsp-v33.1.0.45.1128
emmc-boot
august 14 2013,16:02:22:-1
That just tells me your hboot and radio number, not what software version (ROM) your are on. The hboot and radio are very recent, so I can only guess that your ROM is, also. So I'm thinking outdated software is not the issue.

I also can often get multiple WiFi networks for neighbors houses. Suburban area, so the other homes aren't all that close. It could be you have a defective HOX, such as a broken WiFi antenna. But no real way to know that unless you can get ahold of another HOX and compare.

mally341
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That just tells me your hboot and radio number, not what software version (ROM) your are on. The hboot and radio are very recent, so I can only guess that your ROM is, also. So I'm thinking outdated software is not the issue.

I also can often get multiple WiFi networks for neighbors houses. Suburban area, so the other homes aren't all that close. It could be you have a defective HOX, such as a broken WiFi antenna. But no real way to know that unless you can get ahold of another HOX and compare.
android version - 4.2.2
htc sence version 5.0
software number 5.08.111.2
htc sdk api level 5.41

my friend phones has a better wifi range he has the same type phone.

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2827
Quote:
android version - 4.2.2
htc sence version 5.0
software number 5.08.111.2
htc sdk api level 5.41

my friend phones has a better wifi range he has the same type phone.
Everything is very up to date, so I don't think that software is the issue (although the latest AT&T software and radio might make a slight difference).

I don't know what you mean by "same type phone", that is too vague to mean anything. Is it an AT&T One X (EVITA) or something else?

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mally341
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Everything is very up to date, so I don't think that software is the issue (although the latest AT&T software and radio might make a slight difference).

I don't know what you mean by "same type phone", that is too vague to mean anything. Is it an AT&T One X (EVITA) or something else?

my phone and my friend phone are the same both at&t one x evita theres nothing different.ok i think ill try buy new parts wifi antenna and in call mic thanks guys