FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] LG G2 Korean F320 - Wolfson DAC?

115 posts
Thanks Meter: 105
 
By soulreaver1, Senior Member on 13th January 2014, 09:47 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a kind request to users of the LG G2 - Korean variant F320. Could you please paste here a output of the following terminal commands?

Code:
cat /proc/asound/cards
Code:
cat /proc/asound/card0
This will tell me what DAC is inside this smartphone.
 
 
13th January 2014, 10:05 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaver1

I have a kind request to users of the LG G2 - Korean variant F320. Could you please paste here a output of the following terminal commands?

Code:
cat /proc/asound/cards
Code:
cat /proc/asound/card0
This will tell me what DAC is inside this smartphone.

From F320K with leaked Kitkat

Code:
u0_a144@g2:/ $ cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [msm8974taikomtp]: msm8974-taiko-m - msm8974-taiko-mtp-snd-card
                      msm8974-taiko-mtp-snd-card
u0_a144@g2:/ $ cat /proc/asound/card0
/system/bin/sh: cat: /proc/asound/card0: Is a directory
The Following User Says Thank You to Sengchheang For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 10:11 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Thanks so it is the same Qualcomm's WCD9320 like in the D802.
13th February 2014, 09:44 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaver1

Thanks so it is the same Qualcomm's WCD9320 like in the D802.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7817_102...st-all-phones/

G2 uses the Wolfson DAC
13th February 2014, 09:45 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicneo

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7817_102...st-all-phones/

G2 uses the Wolfson DAC

Not true.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 09:48 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaver1

Not true.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Is there any link to confirm ? In most of the sites they are claiming wolfson DAC is in LG G2.
13th February 2014, 09:50 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
I've checked it with the commands from the first post. This is the standard way for checking sound devices in linux-based systems.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to soulreaver1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 03:53 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
I Wish (ATT D800), the Wolfson chip in my old Samsung Fascinate sounded so good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes