5,598,397 Members 48,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Back to Stock for Bell HTC One

Tip us?

Nic2112
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 484
Oh Wow, there is a guide for Canadian HTC One, didn't know that!

Are you sure that a Telus RUU will work on a Bell phone? They use different networks I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Hmm, you are going to have a HBOOT mismatch if you run the Canadian Restock method in my guide posted in my signature, as it uses 1.55HBOOT for 4.3 JB, but you are on 1.56 HBOOT.

However if you run the RUU ZIP file for TELUS, you will get the right HBOOT. http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-...decrypted-zip/

Download and rename to Telus.zip
See if you can do this:

fastboot oem writecid TELUS001
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip Telus.zip
fastboot flash zip Telus.zip (You will need to run this command twice due to HBOOT downgrade)
fastboot reboot (if it doesn't reboot automatically)

NOTE: I have not personally ran the ZIP file above, but it should be fine.
HTC One - Stock GPe - Android Runtime

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 297
As I said, i have no personally tested it, but thats the only way to bring your HBOOT down to 1.55.

Other option will be to go all the way down to 1.44 HBOOT. You NEED to be comfortable with using adb/fastboot commands REGARDLESS whichever options you decide to go with.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nic2112
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 484
Quote:
As I said, i have no personally tested it, but thats the only way to bring your HBOOT down to 1.55.

Other option will be to go all the way down to 1.44 HBOOT. You NEED to be comfortable with using adb/fastboot commands REGARDLESS whichever options you decide to go with.
I know how to go back to 1.44, I have done that before.

So what you are saying is that if I have the nandroid installed, and stock recovery from your thread, the phone will detect the OTA? It should install no problem because it will be a standard recovery.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Yes 1.44 HBOOT, 1.44 Compatible BELL Nandroid, and Stock recovery will give you future OTAs.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nic2112
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 484
Quote:
Yes 1.44 HBOOT, 1.44 Compatible BELL Nandroid, and Stock recovery will give you future OTAs.
Thatk you, one last question before I try this, the OTA, will it replace the radios and firmware as well to Bell's? I guess it depends on what they put in the OTA.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Yes, OTA generally contain new OS, HBOOT, Recovery, and RADIO, practically a full RUU replacement, but not all. IF you are S-ON, you will need to lock bootloader after loading stock recovery, but if you are S-OFF, that doesnt matter, and I will suggest to stay S-OFF!